Eric Gookins Summary:
Eric Gookins is an experienced data and analytics executive with 25 years of experience. His current position is Head of Data at Life360, a global mobile app with over 45 million monthly users and $250 million in annualized revenue. He is responsible for data engineering, analytics, and data science, and has delivered departmental analytic frameworks, business intelligence reporting, and insight roadmaps for various teams, including finance, marketing, product, legal, and data science. He has also delivered algorithm and machine learning capabilities for product innovation and optimizing revenue streams. In his previous role at Workday, Eric led cross-functional data and analytic programs to "move the needle" on data-driven decisions and enable business opportunities throughout the organization. He was responsible for the adoption analytics program, global Objective and Key Results program, third-party data integrations, and business analytics roadmap execution. At Think Big Analytics, a Teradata company, he was a principal ecommerce and payment industry consultant, driving big data analytic and data consulting business development, analytic roadmaps, and paid advanced analytic engagements for large named accounts, resulting in over $80M of solution and services sales. At eBay, Eric was Head of Merchant Analytic Solutions and led a global analytics and product team of 20 data scientists, product managers, and engineers delivering solutions for customers utilizing eBay and PayPal's combined multi-petabyte data repositories. At PayPal, he was Head of Global Product Analytics and led a global team of 40+ product managers, data science, and analytic professionals contributing over $100 Million of incremental Payment Volume through analytic opportunities and product optimization. Overall, Eric has demonstrated experience in delivering exceptional business results, innovative solutions, and global team leadership in various organizations.
Responsible for data engineering, analytics, and data science at Life360 a Top 50 Global Mobile App growing over 200% in last 3 years with over 50 million active monthly users and $250 Million in annualized revenue. Reporting to CTO The data department of 40 global teammates creates, manages, and synthesizes petabytes of location, product, marketing, and transaction data to create and optimize product capabilities, fuel audience growth, inform product strategy, and drive financial decisions.
· Departmental analytic framework, business intelligence reporting, and strategic insight roadmap delivery:
o Financial public disclosures and key performance publishing, monthly financial reporting, and delivery of US public listing controls and audit requirements.
o Optimization and measurement of multi-million-dollar growth Marketing spend through Customer Lifetime Value, Mixed Media and Channel Modeling, streaming media campaign reporting maximizing ROAS and reducing customer churn.
o Product experimentation and feature reporting efficacy. Strategic product performance and insight contributions, customer journey optimization, reducing friction and increasing NPS.
· Data management, data catalog / MDM, privacy, and compliance roadmap. Aligning with legal team for data lifecycle, regional data privacy requirement, GDPR, CPRA, and COPPA requirement fulfilment.
· Enabled data science, algorithm, and machine learning capabilities for product innovation, driving new customer experiences, and optimizing subscription revenue creation.
· Data engineering roadmap delivery, including commercial and internal data products and capabilities. Utilizing cloud Big Data technologies to build near real time and batch data pipelines supporting multi-billion daily data points and a $20+ Million / Year commercial data business and analytics data lakehouse / warehouse serving internal customers.
· Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) program executive sponsor.
· Continued operational excellence leadership with $1.5M of realized data platform run rate savings per year.
Strategy and delivery of cross functional C-Level data and analytic programs to “move the needle” on data driven decisions and enable business opportunities throughout the organization.
• Led Adoption Analytics program to address potential product shelf-ware and customer churn through utilization of customer usage data, key performance indicators, and customer attribution to find and fuel marketing, education, and sales engagement opportunities.
• Enable global Objective and Key Results program with reporting and analytics to align and measure the organization’s progress on scaling revenue from $4 Billion to $10 Billion.
• Responsible for 3rd party data integrations and business analytics roadmap execution with Workday portfolio companies enabling self-service reporting and analysis on new subject areas.
• Extend Workday analytics community with knowledge and awareness events and campaigns to lift analytics acumen, machine learning literacy, and drive new capabilities into the organization.
• Deliver competitive analysis and corporate key performance indicators program for use by internal and financial disclosure audiences.
Driving Big Data analytic and data consulting business development, analytic roadmaps, and paid advanced analytic engagements for large named accounts resulting in over $80M of solution and services sales.
• Analytics consulting lead for strategic accounts and targeted sales opportunities.
• Machine learning and graph analytic enablement for targeting look-a-like audience matches.
• Best practice development and analytic frameworks strategy roadmap assessments for new and existing clients.
• Strategy and proposal development of visual artificial Intelligence (AI) use cases.
Digital tracking product lead, creating prioritized roadmap of product features.
Led global analytics and product team of 20 data scientists, product managers, and engineers delivering novel solutions for customers utilizing eBay and PayPal’s combined multi-petabyte data repositories.
• Launched innovative merchant advertising product resulting in $12M of incremental marketing revenue for display advertising business within the first year of product launch.
• Created internal analytic solutions enabling 150+ account managers, sales representatives, and business development professionals with new merchant insight capabilities resulting in improved sales conversations and retention.
• Established analytic consulting engagements for enterprise merchants resulting in driving improved customer sentiment, merchant retention, and data product validations.
• Drove new data products to capture merchant data streams and augment eBay’s understanding of Merchant behavior and business via a unique win / win scenario for both company and merchant.
• Led analytics team for Magento division’s data, reporting, and analytics roadmap and delivery.
Led global team of 40+ product managers, data science, and analytic professionals contributing over $100 Million of incremental Payment Volume through analytic opportunities and product optimization.