SENIOR MANAGEMENT DATA ENGINEERING AND ANALYTICS
*Analyze stakeholder opportunities, build strategy and solutions for Data Engineering and Analytics services.
· Partnered cross-functionally and with C-level executives to align strategic visions, roadmaps, and investments with enterprise goals
· Built, led, and mentored team members, developing top talent pools by fostering innovation, collaboration, and creativity
· Utilized Agile methodology to delivering projects on time and on budget; devised best practices for software engineering, CI/CD, logging, monitoring, and alerting.
*Partner with cross functional teams across the enterprise and create scalable solutions.
· Created data and analytics strategy with emphasize on Master Data Management (MDM), simplified Data Architecture, Data Governance, Data Security, and Data Currency.
· Created architecture guiding principles, design patterns to drive application modernization, micro-services based distributed systems, cloud-based data lake and data warehouse.
· Led Technology evaluation of various AWS & GCP cloud technologies, third party solutions to provide scalable, highly available, resilient, performant, and cost effective solutions
DATA & ANALYTICS, MACHINE LEARNING, ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
*Deliver innovative, quantitative business solutions and actionable insights through machine learning, data statistical analysis, and code development.
· Modernized cloud based data lake and data warehouse including structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, real-time & events streaming, batch ingestion, ETL/ELT, storing raw data, formatting, transforming & curating data , data services, building scalable visualization & user experience
· Implemented robust customer data and analytics platform to understand consumer behavior and elevate engagement, purchase rates, growth, and customer success while aligning products/services with customer needs.
· Built various data products like product recommendation, solution recommendation to customer, customer segmentation for targeted marketing activities, sales analytics and product analytics
AWS, Amazon EMR, AWS Glue, Amazon Redshift, Google Cloud(GCP), Big Data, BigQuery, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Python, CRISP-DM, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Jupyter Notebook, R, Machine Learning, SAS, Snowflake, Teradata MPP, Oracle, MicroStrategy, Tableau, Informatica, SQL, NO SQL, ER Studio
SENIOR MANAGER OF DATA ENGINEERING & ANALYTICS
Jun 2016 -
CISCO SYSTEMS INC
Partnered cross-functionally and with C-level executives to align strategic visions, roadmaps, and investments with enterprise goals. Drove enterprise hybrid cloud data strategy and enabled data-driven decisions. Translated business capabilities into new revenue streams (e.g., SaaS). Engineered and architected data platforms and applications.
- Modernized cloud-based big data platform, data lake, and data warehouse (AWS, GCP), including structured and unstructured data, real-time and events streaming, batch ingestion, ETL/ELT, raw data storage, formatting, data services, building scalable visualizations, and enhancing user experience.
- Reduced Opex 40% and accelerated enablement/scalability of business capabilities
- Implemented robust customer data and analytics platform to understand consumer behavior and elevate engagement, purchase rates, growth, and customer success while aligning products/services with customer needs.
- Generated $300M revenue in 6 months and increased renewals 5%.
- Operationalized machine learning (ML) algorithms and data science models to influence marketing campaigns, customer segmentation, customer churn, cross-selling, and up-selling.
- Led to 5% boost in revenue via targeted solution recommendations to customers.
- Leveraged data analysis, metrics, and KPI to guide Go-to-Market (GTM) and Sales strategies, supporting $40B annual sales; created management reporting to steer financial decisions and product development.
- Achieved 90% increase and revenue forecasting accuracy for C-suite and product leaders.
- Enabled real-time data analytics of high data volume in telemetry to increase product adoption while reducing product bugs and customer issues; devised distributed data processing with Spark.
- Collaborated with business leaders to establish centralized data catalog and data governance policy; implemented security and privacy controls and processes for compliance (e.g., PII, GDPR).
- Built, led, and mentored lean team of up to 40 members, developing top talent pools by fostering innovation, collaboration, and creativity; utilized Agile methodology to delivering projects on time and on budget; devised best practices for software engineering, CI/CD, logging, monitoring, and alerting.
ENGINEERING MANAGER OF DATA & BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
Feb 2012 - May 2016
CISCO SYSTEMS INC
Owned master data management strategy and data architecture for Customer and Product groups. Led software development and built data layers to deepen vision into metrics, reduce costs, and simplify processes.
- Led team using open-source technologies to deliver scalable financial allocations and profit visibility; achieved 100% SLA compliance and elevated accuracy of profitability reporting by product, region, and segment.
- Built data capabilities and defined KPIs while establishing a global, unified solution for quoting, origination, and servicing for Capital Leasing & Financing to drive growth/scalability; increased revenue $100M, quickened time to market, and produced $10M cost savings while migrating away from legacy systems.
- Improved customer satisfaction to 100% by building metrics data layer and reducing cycle times for bookings, shipping, and invoicing; enabled proactive management of delays and immediate action plans.
May 2021 - Jan 2012
CISCO SYSTEMS INC
Collaborated on and led complex projects. Created framework to analyze and recommend products and tools. Designed and implemented a new enterprise reporting solution (led strategy and execution).
- Revamped data warehouse architecture (Oracle to Teradata), data model creation (3NF), and reusable data pipelines framework; created a single source of truth with flexibility to customize dashboards per user needs.
- Architected a dimensional model for Business Object Universe, supporting operational and adhoc reporting needs of cross-functional business groups; unified metric definitions to simplify reporting with 100% accuracy while improving data governance, data security, and business productivity.
SENIOR DW & BI CONSULTANT
Apr 2002 - Apr 2008
Specialized in marketing and eCommerce web analytics; focused on improving revenue growth and customer experience while steering business decisions for clients. Utilized diverse business intelligence and data management tools to optimize solutions and serve clients across industries.
- Designed system to send mass emails for advertisements and refined marketing management by tracking customer responses; utilized clickstream analytics.
Earlier: Senior Principal Consultant for Challenger Systems; engaged in software design and implementation.
Master of Science - Business Analytics
SAINT MARY’S COLLEGE OF CALIFORNIA
Bachelor of Science - Computer Science