We’re looking for our first in-house Back-End Developer! You’ll have a rare opportunity to work directly with technical founders to create the infrastructure supporting the next phase of our growth. As an early hire in a pivotal role, you’ll not only have strong influence and ownership over our backend architecture, but also help navigate uncharted business and technical challenges.
Are you passionate about fitness and want to transform the way people reach their personal health goals? Do you want to work on a small team that loves to execute quickly, ship thoughtful features and impact thousands of users? Are you down to dabble in a database of 30 Million strength-training data points?
Join us as we build the future of fitness.
• Conceptualize, architect and implement our backend technical stack and data pipelines.
• Ensure high-performance, scalable and reliable exchange between font-end and back-end systems.
• Help maintain and scale our AWS infrastructure.
• Continuously find opportunities to refactor, improve performance, and increase reliability & quality.
• Develop unit and functional test cases.
• B.S. / M.S. Computer Science degree or 4+ years in software development experience.
• 4-6 years of object-oriented software development in backend systems.
• Strong knowledge of scalable server and database architecture.
• Proficiency with AWS (EC2, EMR, S3, SQS, SES, etc),
• Proficiency with SQL, NoSQL and API development.
• Familiarity with Real-time messaging.
• Have dealt with concurrency / multithreading in the past.
Bonus if you have the following:
• High level knowledge of machine learning principles, statistical modeling or regression analysis.
• Fitness-minded, practicing strength-trainer or posses knowledge about strength-training best practices.
About the company:
Headquartered in San Francisco at Raise the Bar Fitness, we are backed by angel investor Jason Calacanis and TechNexus Venture Collaborative. The company was founded by Allen Chen (CEO / Technical Head) and Jesse Venticinque (Product Head, Designer). Additionally three certified personal trainers help build in the best practices of strength training into our products. We have been live in the App Store since late 2015 and ranks in the top-100 Health & Fitness apps.
Our mission is to equip the world with expert fitness coaching. Our ultimate aim is to foster a more productive and functional populace through a worldwide dedication to physical fitness.
Please send us a note about why you're a phenomenal fit for this job, and include a resume or Linkedin profile link. A great way to stand out is to be an active company user or recently tried the product.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
noSQL, SQL, Node.js, Backend Development, AWS
$90K – $160K and higher (DOE)
0.5% – 1.15%
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823