We're looking for an experienced Java Engineer who’s eager to solve new big data and scalability challenges that have never been solved before.
This is an opportunity to join our team as a founding Backend Engineer that will team directly with the CTO/Co-founder to own our entire backend development.
We are a leading Journey Analytics software that helps organizations to visualize, analyze and experience the total customer journey, empowering data-driven teams to grow, collaborate and innovate faster.
Our platform drives growth at some of the world’s most impactful companies including AT&T, HP, Informatica, AppLovin and RedHat plus many more. Powered by partnerships with more than 40 solutions such as Salesforce, Microsoft, Oracle and HubSpot.
- Work with the CTO on backend challenges such as scalability, reliability, and performance optimization
- Work with product team to develop new features and analytics reporting capabilities
- Enhance and maintain services and APIs
- Become an expert on the entire back-end Java stack
- Monitor, diagnose, fix and optimize any potential issues
- Build and own automated deployment tools
- Manage our private and public cloud including AWS, Google Cloud, and Softlayer dedicated servers
- Be a leader during engineering discussions and mentor others on best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent Software development experience
- 5+ years of professional Java backend development experience
- 2+ years working with large data sets and distributed systems
- Proficient in big data systems and concepts (e.g. Cassandra, Kafka, elasticsearch, AWS, Google Cloud, and MapReduce)
- Team player and has good communication skills
- Proficient in Linux systems, and internet protocol layers and standards (TCP/UDP, HTTP)
- 1+ year experience in API design
- Experience in Machine Learning and Predictive Data is a plus
- Small-start up experience
What Makes Working with us Awesome?
With us, were more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers and determined innovators; were skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, boxers, dog-lovers and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose driven in all that they do.
Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous Stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life and long term disability insurance
- A collaborative workspace
- Commuter benefits, weekly lunches and more!
- Located in the heart of Financial District in San Francisco with easy access to public transportation
- The opportunity to help grow a company alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Software Engineering, Java, Software Development, Big Data, Distributed Systems, Backend Development
$120K – $160K and higher (DOE)
0.25% – 1.0%
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823