We are the marketplace of small-group online classes for kids, K-12. Our live video chat format makes awesome learning experiences available to kids around the world. They love it!
Already, hundreds of independent teachers are offering thousands of classes in every subject: forensic science, competitive math, storytelling, art, and many more. We’ve reached $3M sales run-rate, growing 8x year-over-year, and just raised more funds to expand the team. We want to be every kid’s second school.
We are a product-focused team of five in SF, with experience in education, marketplaces, software, and operating online services at Udemy, Amazon, Airbnb, YC, Square, Google, and several startups. We have an exceptionally sane work culture for our early stage: no egos, boondoggles, or fake urgency. We pay attention to our users and prioritize carefully, start simple, run experiments, then iterate.
We think that the best candidates:
● care about learning and education
● have been programming professionally and challenging themselves for at least 5 years
● prefer to focus on user experience over infrastructure complexity
● need a mature perspective on engineering tradeoffs, product decisions, and teamwork
● can be effective with minimal process at first, and adopt more structure as the team grows
● communicate clearly
● have something to teach us
$100K – $175K and higher (DOE)
0.5% – 1.0%
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823