Our mission is to make the best mental health tools radically accessible for everyone.
We are a venture-backed startup building the company, a chatbot that helps people regulate their moods and learn powerful techniques to challenge distorted and negative thinking. Our bot uses scientifically proven techniques from CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) and is based on 10 years of cutting edge research at Stanford University. We are the only mental health chatbot with empirical evidence to support its efficacy for anxiety and depression. Not only can he deliver significant mood improvement in just 2 weeks, but research has demonstrated that we are capable of creating a therapeutic relationship with users. We are pioneering a new era in mental health care and tackling problems of access to reduce the burden of mental health problems at scale.
About this role:
We are looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer that will have a leading role in our Engineering team as we develop our platform. We are a growing team and looking for someone that has strong technical skills, and to also provide mentorship and collaborate with new developers as they join the team.
You will be responsible for the core services and infrastructure that power us. This position will require your to use your skills to get deep into the performance and scalability of our Node.js services that are running across our AWS infrastructure. You will work closely across all of the teams to plan and build new features that improve the user experience and enrich our mobile app APIs. You will also partner with our data team to build, deploy, and maintain our data pipelines and the NLP services we use.
This role is based in our San Francisco office. Sorry, but we're not looking for remote workers at this time.
- 4+ years of experience using Node.js to run robust, production applications
- Monitored and maintained scalable, production workloads using AWS Services such as Lambda, EC2, DynamoDB, SQS
- Leveraged containerization for production workloads using Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong technical responsibility over the products you work on and the codebases you maintain
- The desire and ability to mentor and help the group act as a team
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, and a desire to influence the products being built
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Technologies We Use:
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS infrastructure
$120K – $150K and higher (DOE)
0.0% – 0.25%
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823