We are a messaging, scheduling and productivity application geared for teams, mobile bound and hourly workers. Our user base is growing and we are looking for a back-end engineer to build and scale our real time communication platform.
As a backend engineer, you will:
* Be a strong developer, with at least 5 years experience developing in Java (or other OO language.)
* Have a solid understanding of databases and NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB.)
* Be experienced in building and scaling systems (AWS.)
* Write great code, building new features at a rapid pace. For us, it starts with the healthy balance between great code and moving fast.
* You’ll work with a small team, but we expect you to be the backend expert, laying the foundation of great code yourself and helping others around you to code to those standards.
* Be responsible for communicating with the client application leads and coordinating releases of new features. We release new features on 3 clients at the same time.
* If you bring anything else to the table (e.g. also has mobile development experience, previous life as a dev ops, mad bartending skills, etc.), we’d probably be thrilled to know about that... It’s a small team.
* The ability to influence technology and business decisions and have an impact on the design of features, API's and systems.
* Your ideas and code will instantly be used by a growing audience.
* Opportunity to build a team - As we grow, there is an opportunity for this person to build and lead an engineering team.
* Early stage company but well funded by top tier investors. We recently started to monetize and our potential customer base includes 100,000's small-large businesses.
* We have an engineering driven culture and a talented and senior team.
$100K – $150K and higher (DOE)
0.1% – 0.5%
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823