As an integral part of our technology team, you will work on the core of our natural language query engine. This means you’ll help build state of the art technologies using semantic parsing, question answering, and query understanding. You’ll get to play many roles, touch many parts of our system, and have a significant impact on our products.
Do you like working with smaller, domain specific datasets?
Do you appreciate the challenge of deploying technology in a non-cloud environment, that may be resource constrained?
We’re a team building an NLP solution with small corpora, without access to giant GPU clusters in the cloud. Practical constraints breed creative solutions, and the problems we focus on include but are not limited to:
* Bootstrapping a corpus from limited data
* Maintaining high precision while improving recall
* On-premise machine learning & NLP
* Indexing & understanding messy data
* Helping people navigate large, complex datasets
So if you desire to build technologies that change the way people interact with machines, you’ll love working with us. When applying, please tell us about some of the real world problems you have worked on using NLP, ML, and/or search (information recall) techniques.
* 2+ years experience in the software development industry.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline, or 5+ years equivalent technology experience.
* Experience with highly technical projects and hands-on implementation.
* 3+ years experience with Python, Java, or equivalent programming language
* Some experience with Unix/Linux
* Familiar with at least one database query language, such as SQL
* Skilled in at least a few of the following natural language processing techniques
Relevant NLP skills include:
* Syntactic & Semantic Parsing
* Machine Translation & Compilers
* Text Classification & Clustering
* Search Indexing & Fuzzy Matching
* Question Answering & Query Understanding
* Data Analytics & Error Analysis
* Machine Learning for NLP
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Company benefits include:
* Flexible leave policy
* Health care insurance
* Dental & vision insurance
* Life insurance
* Short-term & long-term disability insurance
* Health care FSA
* Transit & parking FSA
* Free lunch
* Flexible work hours
* Holiday time off
Python, Java, Machine Learning, Data Analysis, Search, Natural Language Processing, Semantic Search, Linux, Natural Language Understanding, NLTK, Compilers, Machine Translation, scikit-learn, Parsers, SpaCy
$120K – $160K and higher (DOE)
0.05% – 0.15%
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823