We are a full-stack deep learning company solving visual intelligence problems. Our flagship platform, Hive, consists of Hive Data—100k distributed workers performing data labeling tasks—and Hive Enterprise, where we build vertical-changing applications leveraging computer vision and deep learning. We're working with some of the world's largest technology and content businesses to change the way they analyze unstructured image and video data through machine learning.
We are funded by leading investors like Peter Thiel (Founders Fund), General Catalyst, and Formation 8. We have ~100 people globally, based in our San Francisco and Delhi offices.
In order to execute our vision, we need to grow our team of best-in-class engineers. We are looking for developers who are excited about launching new products and features into production, who can work autonomously and aren’t afraid to try new technologies, and who don’t back down from the challenges of scale. Our ideal candidate has experience building core services and web-based APIs from the ground up, cares just as much about the product itself as the technology that powers it, and is capable of both structuring and writing clean, maintainable code. We hire engineers into each of our product teams.
• Design and implement REST-based APIs and microservices in Node.js
• Write and maintain scalable, performant code that can be shared across platforms
• Work and communicate with our mobile client developers and project managers, managing priorities and giving input on future features
• You attended a top university, studying computer science or similar
• You have experience or interest in writing applications in Node.js
• You have strong server-side development and experience with databases
• You understand the ins and outs of RESTful web services
• You know your way around the UNIX command line
• You have great communication skills and ability to work with others
• You are a strong team player, with a do-whatever-it-takes attitude
Python, Java, Machine Learning, Node.js, Redis
$100K – $140K and higher (DOE)
0.05% – 0.1%
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823