Are you passionate about using the power of technology to build community? Do you believe residents can strengthen their neighborhoods through dialog and collaboration? Would you like to join a transformative company and play a meaningful role in crafting its future? If so, we’d love to meet you.
If you describe yourself as “reactionary,” this is not the job for you. On the other hand, if you love to explore the capabilities and constraints of new technologies, find the “right tool for the job,” and have a knack for identifying the root of potential problems long before they actually impact development, then we want to meet you.
The Systems team is responsible for seeing and building the future of our infrastructure. This team pays close attention to how we build, what we build and things that stand in the way of us properly building and scaling our platform. In this role you’ll be part of the team that helps us stay ahead of the curve: you’ll build tools and automation that aid in programmer productivity and you’ll also be responsible for the research behind our development process. Sound interesting?
- 3-4+ years industry experience; BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science (or another related field) is preferred
- Proven entrepreneurial spirit and experience as a self-starter - ideally at your own business or on your own side projects
- Experience working on high-performance technical teams and software engineering projects
- Strong fundamental understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following languages: Go, Python, Java or C++ (Go/Python preferred)
- Experience designing, building and debugging distributed systems
- Experience architecting and deploying distributed systems on the Amazon AWS EC2 platform
- Familiarity with software engineering standard methodologies (e.g., design patterns, peer code reviews, unit testing)
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience writing technical specifications and design documents
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Strong desire to learn about new technologies and systems
Python, Puppet, Kafka, AWS/EC2/ELB/S3/DynamoDB, Apache Zookeeper, Go (Golang)
$130K – $180K and higher (DOE)
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823