Fintech leader is driving efficiency within financial institutions by applying Machine Learning and AI. We have established teams in NY, Ireland and Noida(India) and SF. We are looking for a motivated senior software engineer, a self-starter and willing to learn in a startup in growth mode. We offer a fun, fast, startup pace workplace at the intersection of Fintech and Data Science.
Are you up for the challenge?
We are looking for an expert in building high performance distributed backend services (REST/micro services/Java/Spring). Experience in front-end development (jQuery, Angular, CSS) and DevOps will be a big plus.
You will be part of an experienced team building a new Fintech platform to leverage AI (Machine Learning) and natural language processing (NLP) to improve efficiency for financial institutions in creative ways.
Are you up to being our backend expert ? Tasks that you might encounter:
* Performance optimization of a matching algorithm
* Implement new micro services for AI-enabling the application and UI
* Troubleshoot a business transaction in a distributed system across REST services and message bus
* Re-engineer micro services using FaaS
This is an excellent opportunity for a 3-5 year experience. We are constantly evaluating, adopting and leveraging new technology to keep our edge.
What does it take to get on the team?
1. You have to know these topics stone cold: Java (Spring, Camel, Hibernate), UI (jQuery, Angular 2, CSS)
2. Expert level understanding around the concepts of security, interceptors, messaging and NoSQL databases design.
3. Crisp clear, communication
4. Flexibility and being a team player, we are a global team and priorities change. You have to be able to context switch quickly. Are you flexible with your work hours to accommodate overlap with the global team in the mornings?
5. Care about your craft. Easy to maintain code with tests covering all the bases and good UX skills are all implied requirements for every task you do - we assume you do these things naturally like breathing and eating.
* Java (Spring, Camel, Hibernate) - 3+ years experience
* SQL and RDBMS – 3+ years experience
* Desired skills:
* Angular 2
* Machine Learning
Java, Hibernate, Amazon Web Services, Spring, Apache Camel
$80K – $140K and higher (DOE)
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823