We believe the car is the next great technology platform with the impact to change humanity for generations. We are working on some of automotive’s most challenging and exciting initiatives such as mobility, connected cars, and digital services. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges while making a positive impact.
Best of both worlds:
We are a startup that was recently purchased by Volvo. We have maintained our fast, nimble culture while adding the resources and scale of Volvo. The technology you build will be in the hands of millions of Volvo owners and cars worldwide.
We are looking for a skilled Software Engineer who believes in our values and mission and is passionate about building great products.
- in radical truth and transparency. Sharing information more broadly means --
- everyone can make better decisions. Constantly seeking the truth through hard - facts and data lead to generally more optimal outcomes.
- in having very high standards and taking great pride in our work.
- in working hard and with purpose. Everything should be tied back to a deeper goal.
- in having fun and not taking ourselves too seriously.
- in enjoying each other’s company. We welcome those with diverse backgrounds and experiences, however, there is shared a commonality in our values that bind us as friends and colleagues.
- that no one is above the company -- ever.
- in thinking and acting like an owner. Owners think about things holistically and proactively do what is necessary to achieve success. They own their outcomes and never brush away issues even if it’s not in their direct domain.
- Design, conceptualize, implement and maintain our microservices architecture using cutting-edge technologies and cat gifs.
- Participate in defining the product as part of regular meetings with the product team.
- Ensure system stability by respecting the highest standards of software development, design, security, and testing.
- 3+ years professional experience in an object oriented language (i.e. Java, Typescript, C#)
- Proficient in writing scalable REST APIs
- Familiarity with microservice architectures
- Professional experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- High coding standards
- Write clean, reusable, maintainable and documented code
- Deep understanding of testing best practices (i.e. test driven development, coverage analysis, ...)
- Code reviews
- Experience with caching engines (i.e. Memcached, Redis, …)
- Amazon AWS
- Experience with message brokers (RabbitMQ, Kafka)
We don't provide equity, however, we compensate in $$$ bonuses in addition to competitive salary.
$150K – $230K and higher (DOE)
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823