We harness the power of machine learning and predictive analytics to discover some of the fastest-growing companies in the consumer & retail sector. We are building a predictive data platform called "Helio" to bring the data-driven revolution that has occurred in the public markets to the private markets, starting with consumer & retail.
We are working on challenging problems in information retrieval, entity resolution, and developing an in-depth knowledge graph of all private companies. We are mining vast amounts of data to successfully rewrite the rules on how private companies are evaluated.
We find and collect data from various sources and in various formats (both structured and unstructured). We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us build the tooling necessary to collect the data that powers the “Helio” platform.
- Work collaboratively with product managers and members of our business teams to identify and prioritize data collection targets
- Build and maintain cloud infrastructure to aid in data collection, ingestion, and storage
- Design and build software to extract and collect data from a wide variety of sources, including websites, APIs, and proprietary data streams
- Design and build tools to monitor the quality of acquired data
- Design and build tools to help product managers and members of the business team understand the value of the collected data, and to derive metrics / insights from the data
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years experience as a Software Engineer in a professional environment
- Experience with web scraping technologies (example: Scrapy, BeautifulSoup, Selenium, Requests, Proxy technologies)
- Experience working with Amazon AWS tools (EC2, S3)
- Experience writing robust code against third-party APIs
- Experience maintaining and querying relational databases (Postgres, MySql)
- Experience working with a distributed system that handles immense amounts of data
- Previous experience working at a start-up is a big plus
- Self-motivated individuals who thrive in a fast-moving environment will align well with how we work
- Being comfortable making decisions with uncertain, ambiguous, or incomplete information will be necessary
$100K – $130K and higher (DOE)
0.0% – 1.0%
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823