We harness the power of machine learning and predictive analytics to discover some of the fastest-growing companies in the consumer & retail sector. We are building a predictive data platform called "Helio" to bring the data-driven revolution that has occurred in the public markets to the private markets, starting with consumer & retail.
We are working on challenging problems in information retrieval, entity resolution, and developing an in-depth knowledge graph of all private companies. We are mining vast amounts of data to successfully rewrite the rules on how private companies are evaluated.
We are looking for a Software Engineer with strong business acumen to be the primary technical arm of our internal business teams (Credit, Fund, and Marketplace). You’ll be responsible for scoping and building the tools that allow our teams to succeed on a day-to-day basis. You will have ownership over a large portion of our tooling, and the ability to influence the roadmap of what we’re building.
- Work collaboratively with product managers and members of our business teams to identify and prioritize internal business needs and pain-points
- Build software tooling from the ground up to address the identified needs across these teams
- Implement new features and perform maintenance for our existing externally facing Marketplace platform
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years experience as a Software Engineer in a professional environment
- Back-end and front-end programming experience. You will be the primary owner of the full stack for these tools
- Experience maintaining and querying relational databases (Postgres, MySql)
- Experience working with Amazon AWS tools (EC2, S3)
- Previous experience working at a start-up is a big plus
- Self-motivated individuals who thrive in a fast-moving environment will align well with how we work
- Being comfortable making decisions with uncertain, ambiguous, or incomplete information will be necessary
$100K – $130K and higher (DOE)
0.0% – 1.0%
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823