Your role will be to manage an engineering team responsible for dramatically expanding and improving our rapidly growing product offerings. As a member of the engineering management team, you will be responsible for delivering new features and enhancements in a timely manner with high quality. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, diverse, distributed environment, and must have leadership and coaching abilities. We operate in an agile manner with small, cross-functional teams who are empowered to make decisions and move quickly to deliver world-class software in a friendly, fun, and innovative atmosphere.
Mentoring both senior and junior team members, while working effectively with your peers and supervisors, communicating across teams and geographies are skills that you've mastered. Ideal candidate is highly productive, proactive, creative, focused, and has excellent communication and collaboration skills. If you feel a strong commitment and passion to build and lead world-class engineering teams, then this role may be perfect for you.
- Hands-on technical leadership, leading major architectural projects, and driving the improvement of development processes.
- Leading and managing a team of application engineers and Web developers, overseeing their work, and ensuring that they build high-quality applications that delight our users.
- Defining and prioritizing release schedules, and allocating appropriate resources to ensure predictable delivery of multiple applications and projects.
- Collaborating with Product Management and User Experience teams to ensure that applications offer a consistently excellent experience.
- Mentor/Establish individual goals and manage careers.
- Attracting exceptional engineers, building teams, and energizing / motivating the organization.
- Driving a culture of innovation and quality across the engineering organization.
- BS in Computer Science or related area.
- 7+ years of experience in software development, with a demonstrated track record of successfully leading the development of applications from concept to release.
- 2+ years of management experience delivering SaaS products and solutions.
- 2+ years of managing and delivering projects using agile methodologies.
- Experience building Java or .NET applications.
- Excellent project management and people management skills.
- Solid understanding of the DevOps best practices.
- Deep understanding of what makes an engineer effective, and how to get the most out of an engineering team.
- Proven track record in delivering complex, high performing, scalable, production-quality software.
Not required but great to have:
- Background in developing high-volume e-commerce applications.
- Developing and supporting applications for 24/7 online sites.
- Experience building solutions in the Travel, Expense, or Car Service domains.
Java, Software Development, SaaS, Ecommerce, Microsoft .NET
$128K – $157K and higher (DOE)
0.025% – 0.05%
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823