About the Engineering Org:
We are a growing, hands-on, flat organization. Because we are still small, it means everyone is a generalist and allows for our engineers to take on multiple roles and challenges not defined by titles. Regardless of who you are on the engineering team, you will contribute to and have a big impact on the final product from day one. The opportunity for growth and development here is incredible. We have a strong culture of mentoring and promoting from within! We place a lot of emphasis on good engineering practices while retaining the flexibility of allowing each engineering team to have independent agile processes. Diversity is important to us, and we treat each other with respect and empathy.
About the Role:
We are looking for a full stack software engineer to be a part of our Community Experience team. As a member of this team, you will be building products that will help independent designers start, scale and grow their business in us. You will be building a world class crowdsourcing platform that enables creatives from around the world to grow professionally, educate the community and enables them to learn from each other while participating in crowdsourced design challenges hosted by us.
As part of this team, you will tackle engineering challenges using cutting edge technology and work closely with product managers, UI/UX designers, user researchers, data analysts, copywriters and members of our community relations team. We work in a fast paced environment, collaborate closely, are launching new features and tools for our community every few weeks. We believe in closing the loop with our users, and act upon feedback from them to make our tools better. We are keen on metrics and analytics, and strive to track everything that our users do with our tools.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that can leverage their deep technical experience to help design and build our software systems. The ideal candidate will have strong technical and problem-solving skills to help architect and scale our cloud-based system to match our growth.
• Design and develop a beautiful, responsive and fun-filled world-class web experience
• Own high impact and high visibility engineering projects end to end
• Build systems and services that have an immediate impact on our artist community and customers.
• Build and maintain backend architecture for our high-traffic e-commerce platform that is scalable, extensible, and efficient in usage of system resources (memory, disk, I/O, etc)
• Collaborate with product development, user experience, production and artist relations teams to deliver projects with measurable business results
• Ensure a high-quality codebase with design and code review as well as automated test coverage
• Advance your technical knowledge and skill set with talks, training sessions, and 1:1 mentorship of junior engineers<span
Experience and Skills:
• Obsession with writing clean code
• 3+ years professional experience as a software developer
• Technical design skills with an emphasis on distributed and/or cloud-based design and scaling
• Experience working on and an understanding of both client-side and server-side code
• Experience designing complex software systems and accurately estimating scope and risks
• Experience with SQL, database modeling, and ORMs
• Experience dealing with resource contention and scalability issues in multi-threaded web applications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to juggle competing priorities in a fast-moving dynamic environment
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Experience with Apache Flink, Apache Beam, Google Cloud Dataflow, Apache • Spark Streaming, or other related technologies such as Hadoop
• Experience working in a fast-paced, agile e-commerce environment
• Experience with Amazon Web Services, specifically DynamoDB, SQS, S3, SNS, EC2, CloudFormation, ELB, VLC, and ASG
• Experience with Packer, Docker, Ansible, Puppet
• Experience in React.js, HTML, CSS
$115K – $130K and higher (DOE)
0.01% – 0.01%
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823