Our solutions empower cutting edge B2C brands like Udacity, LendingTree, BBC and Paypal to automate customer engagement marketing using latest innovations in distributed data systems and AI. The company is co-founded by repeat entrepreneurs who previously built Mertado (acquired by Groupon), and was part of the founding team behind Kosmix (acquired by Walmart to become @WalmartLabs). We are backed by top tier Silicon Valley VCs like Storm Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners and NEA and is based in San Francisco.
We are looking for bold and self motivated data and systems engineers to join the team. You will have a chance to work on all aspects of big fast data systems, state of the art cloud infrastructure and novel machine learning algorithms.
What are examples of work that Infrastructure Engineers have done in the company?
- AI systems: We have developed AI based predictive models and recommendation systems to deliver right content, to the right audience, on the right channel, at the exact right time. This is a key driver to predictive marketing journeys. We have received a patent on our unique personalization approach.
- Data workflow management: Data sits at the core of our product. We ingest billions of user, product and behavior interactions everyday in real time. We perform ETLs on TBs of data to create schema-less user product interaction graph and perform extensive data mining, feature engineering to compute product recommendations and user predictive scores. Our data lake enables us to quickly prototype new applications and perform ad-hoc data analysis.
- Cluster Management: Framework to provision big data cloud infrastructure in a reproducible, version controlled, elastic and automated manner. Helps us scale our cluster easily. Also makes it easy to upgrade existing clusters or bring new clusters to play with latest open source releases. We have provisioned our production Hadoop, Kafka and Druid clusters using this framework.
- Real time analytics: We have developed real time counting system using Druid and Kafka to power our internal campaign analytics dashboards. This helps us get accurate campaign stats with minimal delays.
- Experimentation and Optimization: We have prototyped auto traffic allocation algorithms based on bayesian statistics to extend our A/B testing framework
- Open source: We love open source, our entire data infrastructure and data science stack is built on open source. Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, S3, Kafka, Spark, Druid, R, Docker, Redis, AWS, Rails forms our infrastructure and application stack.
- Be a self motivated, bold thinker, innovator and builder of scalable distributed systems end to end.
- You will design and develop systems to power cutting edge data science over petabytes of data.
- You will work with experienced technical and product teams with proven entrepreneurial success.
- Proven experience with distributed systems like Spark, Kafka, HDFS, Cassandra, Hive and HBase
- BS/Masters/PhD in Computer Science or related engineering disciplines.
- Strong architecture, algorithmic design and programming skills.
- A real passion for thinking from first principles and building from ground up.
- Generous equity grants in fast growing post Series-A startup
- Full health/vision/dental insurance, catered lunches and competitive benefits
- Proximity to public transportation (BART / MUNI / Caltrain)
- We will process visa transfers (H1B, TN etc.) and immigration.
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823