We make it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing last-minute rates on your mobile device, for tonight, tomorrow and beyond. Our mission is to make people feel more alive by delivering the unexpected and we're looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to help do just that.
If hotel rooms are the fuel that powers us, data is the oil that makes it fire on all cylinders. Leveraging this data in the right way is what will differentiate us and make it the leading hotel booking app on the planet. That’s where you come in.
As the first Machine Learning Engineer on the Engineering team, you'll work closely with executives across Product and Engineering to drive business decisions using data. You'll turn data into insights and insights into personalized features and products that will impact our millions of users.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build out our machine learning platform from its infancy, eliminating redundancy and inefficiency in order to make our marketplace more dynamic, intelligent, and predictive
- Apply ML algorithms and statistical modeling to personalize and optimize our marketplace and understand user behavior, crafting products that are more relevant to our customers
- Collaborate with executive-level team members to drive innovation and intelligence in our products
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- 3-5+ years in a Machine Learning/Advanced Analytics environment pushing production-level code
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, Python, R (or similar language); familiarity with Machine Learning/Advanced Analytics techniques such as regression, classification, clustering and time series
- Strong communicator - you can break down high level technical concepts for anyone to digest
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy - strong business acumen coupled with a focus on the user
- Startup mentality - you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves, dig into the code, and implement your ideas
- Bonus: M.S. or other advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, or other technical field
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US
- An official Best Places to Work (we're in the top 10!)
- The opportunity to define mobile commerce and change the way people book travel
- A people-focused organization dedicated to making sure you're challenged, learning, growing, and recognized for all the great work you do
- The camaraderie of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive
- Excellent health, dental, vision and 401k plans, and stock options too
- Fun stuff - quarterly travel stipend, flexible time off, subsidized cell phone plans and fitness memberships, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to win a spontaneous weekend getaway!
We are on a mission to radically transform hotel bookings. Doing this requires us to think differently and to question conventional approaches, therefore it’s essential to have a diverse team of the very best people with all types of backgrounds and experiences to bring the best ideas to life. We are committed to maintaining an environment where all of our team members have the opportunity to be heard, to make an impact and to do the best work of their lives.
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823