- a tech company changing the way the world reads
- a membership that gives users access to the worlds largest online library of books, audiobooks, sheet music, news, and magazines.
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the team
We believe in continuously improving our skills and codebase, work/life balance, and doing things right over doing them fast. Were looking for engineers who share this view and are excited about writing quality code, trying new technologies, and playing well with others.
We are looking for a passionate and talented engineer to develop algorithms that will ensure that every search leads to what our readers are looking for and provide the best possible personalized recommendations that are the soul and center of the company experience.
- conduct applied research by investigating, conceptualizing, designing, implementing, and validating potential algorithmic improvements in a number of areas, including search and recommendation
- use data and metrics investigations to identify and quantify potential opportunities.
- define and build offline evaluation frameworks.
- research and implement new features, algorithms and models at scale.
- evaluate them through offline experiments, and building online A/B tests running in production systems
You have a strong software engineering and machine learning background, with excellent problem solving skills. You are a quick learner and a team player. You have strong leadership and communication skills, an ability to set priorities, and thrive in a fast paced, self driven environment.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer writing production quality code (Go, Scala, Java, Python, Ruby on Rails, or similar)
- Strong machine learning and algorithmic background with a broad understanding of: supervised and unsupervised learning methods, bandits and reinforcement learning, deep learning.
- Strong data analysis skills.
Preferred, but not required:
- 3+ years of experience in applied machine learning using tools such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, SparkML, etc.
- Experience in Personalization or Search.
- Experience with Spark
- Experience in optimization algorithms and numerical computation
- Experience with cloud computing platforms and large distributed systems
- We are located in downtown San Francisco, just a few minutes walk from BART
- 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
- We have a small budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
- We have a lot of trust with very little bureaucracy
- Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
- Coffee and tea runs every afternoon
- Apple laptops and Thunderbolt displays
- Company events that include monthly happy hours and off-sites (past events include Safari West, Stinson Beach, ski trips, etc)
- In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team onThe Muse!
Our values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance.We value the people who make us a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823