Engineering Manager, Platform Engineering
- A well established, growing fintech company based in the heart of San Francisco.
- Providing a cloud-based enterprise platform, integrating best-in-class technology with best practices in investment management.
- Leading the evolution of the wealth management industry, helping more families secure their financial future.
- Fiercely dedicated to our culture of transparency, respect, innovation and fun!
- A hands-on Software Engineering Manager who can help us grow our world-class software development team.
- Passionate about leading teams and providing individual mentorship to engineers.
- A strong leader for a team of strong engineers, with a focus on infrastructure and developing new products.
- Willing and able to take on additional management responsibilities as the development team grows.
- Excited about developing large, complex web-based distributed platforms.
- Eager to learn new technologies and apply them in solving complex business problems.
- An excellent communicator (written and verbal), with the demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of employees and customers.
- Able to collaborate well with others and thrive with challenging assignments.
- A self-starter, able to perform work with minimal supervisory direction.
- At least 8 years significant experience as a software engineer in a formal product development environment.
- Managed or been technical lead of teams of 3-8 engineers for at least 2 years, with hiring and direct employee reporting and development responsibility.
- 8 or more years strong current server side Java experience.
- Implemented successful solutions to a wide variety of challenges in application architecture, design and coding, functionality and usability, and optimization.
- Demonstrated recent experience in advanced Java development, as this is not a management-only position.
- Passion for managing people and being responsible for the hiring of new developers and pro-actively leading their career development.
- BS in computer science or computer engineering.
- Preferably Financial Services industry and NoSQL experience, though these are not required.
- Drive the creation of realizable systems architectures incorporating advanced technology projects targeting the creation of next generation products.
- Engage with technology project leads, and various SMEs in creating the overall system architecture and platform as the starting point for product execution.
- Work in the theoretical space with an eye on the real world implementation experience.
- Create proof of concepts.
- Lead teams and projects across large volumes of code, with multiple branches, formal integration procedures and test cycles.
- Provide quality feedback in code reviews.
- Define, shape, and develop product features and releases with a cross-functional team.
- Interface with partner and third-party systems, using common web services protocols and transports.
- Provide inspiring leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead team members to reach their full potential.
- Actively participate in the hiring of new developers.
We are an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as protected characteristics).
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823