The SVP, Engineering will run the Engineering group across the West Coast offices at Hero. The SVP, Engineering will split their time between managing the team, business development and overseeing delivery of technology work across the portfolio of work. Were looking for someone that has experience in managing an Engineering team within an agency or consulting setting. Candidates must also have extensive experience with the Adobe Marketing Cloud.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage Engineering team of 30-40 team members consisting of Tech Leads, Back-end Developers, Front-end Developers and Quality Assurance.
- Work closely with the rest of the Hero Delivery Leadership Team consisting of leads from other practices to ensure on-time delivery of work and evolution of our cross-functional methodology and processes.
- Set a strategic direction to help evolve the teams capabilities to address changes in the market.
- Work with cross-functional teams to respond to RFPs including participating in pitches, estimating engineering work and developing overall technical approaches.
- Manage all Engineering work across the portfolio working directly with clients on our most strategic initiatives and behind the scenes on other projects providing support to Tech Leads and other staff.
- Play a key role in standing up an offshore team for Hero.
- Conduct code reviews across multiple platforms.
- Lead all Engineering resourcing and capacity planning efforts.
- Work with recruiting to source high-quality candidates by providing job descriptions and recruiting parameters.
- Provide timely and thorough recruiting feedback.
- Conduct well-planned onboarding and training of new employees including contractors.
- Directly manage senior Engineering team including conducting regular 1-on-1s, goal setting, performance reviews and coaching feedback.
- Instill Hero's culture in the immediate team through direct and ethical communication, team building and cross-collaboration.
- Help the Engineering organization as a whole have effective relationships across the team and set the example to reports for the collaborative approach.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 15+ years in an Engineering Lead role in a consulting or agency setting
- Experience managing Engineering teams of 30+ people across multiple offices
- Experience and interest in being a practitioner-style leader who still has the desire to get his/her hands dirty when necessary
- Required technical experience includes:
- Mastery of Java development particularly in web application development (Java, J2EE, Application server development, Struts, Spring, Ajax, OSGI, JCR and SQL)
- Experience with web site redesigns on the Adobe Experience Manager
- Knowledge of modern web development practices such as Git, SVN, Maven and Agile
- Other technical experience preferred, but not required includes:
- CMS experience on other CMS platforms (ex. SiteCore, Acquia, Drupal, Episerver)
- Experience with .Net development
- Experience with Open Source development
- Experience with a variety of Commerce platforms
- Experience with big data and data architectures
- Interest in enhancing skills and learning new technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience standing up and having consistent delivery success with offshore teams
- Experience developing delivery methodology playbooks
- Experience presenting technology approaches in pitches
- Experience splitting time between managing a team, business development efforts, hands-on client work and technical delivery oversight
- Experience writing technical specifications
- Experience preparing and delivering performance reviews to senior staff
- Experience in a matrix organization
- Ability to see and communicate the big picture across multiple projects
- Ability to take complex issues and present them in a simple and easy to follow manner
- Ability to drive to decisions and results
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Detail oriented working style
- Service-oriented attitude (flexible, personable, approachable)
Who we are
We are a digital consulting firm focused on creating digital brand, product, and service experiences. We are headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Philadelphia, New York, Seattle, Dallas, and LA. In addition to competitive salaries and a full range of benefits, we offer an entrepreneurial environment that requires a passion for working hard, thinking fast, and delivering ferociously on behalf of clients. We enjoy working with one another as much as we enjoy hanging out at the end of the day.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823