Talent is an overused word, but rightly so—people drive success. But talent isn’t enough. To prosper with us, you must embrace our fundamental pursuit: improving the lives of students with special needs. Every action we take, every meeting we attend, and every product we release drives toward positive human impact. If this mission inspires you, consider joining our team!
Why is this role important?
As the growth of our marketplace has accelerated, our need for sophisticated data systems has grown dramatically. We want to empower our team with the data we need to better understand our customers, our business, and ultimately make better data-driven decisions. The Data Engineer will work across the organization to discover new opportunities for growth and optimization, experiment with data, define our data architecture, and design and build complex data systems that provide actionable, impactful insights.
What will you do?
- Work with engineering to define our data infrastructure roadmap and architecture
- Design, architect, and develop a data pipeline which includes data warehousing, scalable data integration, ETL processing, and reporting logic for data analysis and visualization systems
- Establish practices and tools to ensure data integrity, cleanup, and validation across all data sources in the data pipeline
- Lead custom integration projects with our biggest customers
- Implement central logging and monitoring systems with logic for usage reports and audits
- Automate business reporting and organize into dashboards
- Analyze our marketplace supply and demand data to build a forecasting model
- Use experimentation methods and tests to help optimize key user experiences
What are we looking for?
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of deep expertise in Python or your favorite dynamic programming language
- Experience building an ETL solution using Python frameworks (Luigi, Airflow, etc.)
- Experience with web services - REST and SOAP APIs to create applications or tools for data extraction and integration
- Experience with the full data spectrum of data engineering projects: source data and databases, data warehousing and storage, ETL, analysis, modeling, and visualization
- Experience with business intelligence systems and developing reporting and dashboard solutions on multiple platforms using data visualization tools like Tableau
- Ability to develop data science solutions with basic understanding of statistical models
- Significant understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, systems engineering, distributed systems, scalability, databases, code optimization, unit testing, debugging, continuous delivery, and version control
- Work well autonomously, as well as with a cross-functional team
- A startup-person: hands-on, proactive, sees their role as more than just a job
Where is this position located?
This role is based in our San Francisco, CA headquarters, and reports to our VP of Engineering.
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823