Who Are We
We are built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those that have money to invest. We are an online marketplace that gives borrowers access to individual and institutional investors. Borrowers get low, fixed rates with no hidden fees or prepayment penalties. Investors can earn great returns through the platforms data-driven underwriting for personal loans, creating a new and diverse investment opportunity. Through the company, more than $9 billion in personal loans have helped borrowers consolidate their credit card debt, pay for large purchases, make home improvements and cover medical expenses. Our Marketplace is headquartered in San Francisco and operations in Phoenix
What We Need + What You Will Do
- Experience at a rapidly growing startup, or with cutting-edge teams at a larger tech company, ideally you have experience building systems and technology for a marketplace.
- Ability to manage multiple levels of management structure.
- Work with partner teams, QA, TechOps, Product and UX to design and deliver our company's initiatives including website, mobile, SDK, backend systems & tools.
- Ability to simplify and scale a multi-stack platform.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Drive for high-quality engineering leveraging unit testing, automation and continued delivery.
- Build and maintain a high-performance team. Hire top engineering talent. Create a highly innovative culture.
- Drive rapid prototyping cycles from technical requirements, software designs, programming, debugging, and optimization
- Own the roadmap for engineering fundamentals.
- Own the technology platform, end-to-end architecture and its evolution.
- Explore and innovate new technologies, features, and tools.
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities. Provide feedback to core product teams to influence their roadmap and strategy.
- Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Provide feedback on functionality requests regarding feasibility, complexity and level of estimates.
- Actively participate in code and design reviews.
- Have results driven personality, high enthusiasm, energy, and confidence!
What You Will Need To Have
- 10+ years of engineering team management experience
- 10+ years of professional software development experience
- Must be able to design and build RESTful microservices using open source Java technology i.e. Spring, Hibernate
- Node.js, + .net experience
- Experience working on large scale, high traffic websites
- Excellent knowledge of best-practices (TDD) and coding patterns
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant area mandatory, MS preferred
Whats In It For You
In addition to working for a world-class FinTech company and having a lot of fun doing it, we provide an excellent compensation and benefits plan. The plan includes incentive bonuses, stock options, company paid health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation time, 401k with employer match and even fitness reimbursement and commuting reimbursement benefits.
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823