We are scaling! We are hiring a Senior Director of Solutions Engineering. As a core member of this team, you will build killer demos and case studies, and help develop game-changing solutions that will revolutionize how a catalog fits in such as industries financial services, insurance, healthcare, oil and gas, and manufacturing.
What you get to do:
You will work with customers and partners to architect solutions, and contribute to the core engineering work stream extending our product that enables customers to discover deep insights from big data. Have deep discussions with the customer's technical experts, as well as high-level business talks with senior executives.
- Build killer demos and case studies that demonstrate how we can be used to push technology boundaries to the limit, achieving what was not possible.
- Work with Business Development to help close partner, reseller and OEM opportunities
- Define, analyze, and design technical solutions to the customer’s business problems. Help extend our product to meet the customer’s needs and advance the company's sales efforts.
- Be creative. Think through problems, prototype solutions, and show people the way.
- Develop and maintain deep technical expertise in the company's product portfolio
- Work with our world-class engineering team, who design and build high performance systems, tools, and services.
- Work on UI design and product definition that leads, influences, and adds key value to the company product line and collaborate with frontend and backend engineers.
- Help build and bring to market the next generation big data catalog solution.
- Create clear and concise documentation for all the work performed, including design documents, architecture documents, technical notes, internal application notes, and bug fixes, etc.
- Manage a team of solution engineers.
- Deliver successful POCs with prospective partners and customers.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of ten years experience with engineering enterprise solutions
- Expertise in Python, Java, REST APIs, enterprise integration, Spark and SOLR
- Deep understanding of Hadoop and Cloud environments
- Understanding of SQL and relational databases
- Understanding of big data, analytics, data science, machine learning, data preparation, data warehousing, and business intelligence
- Great communication skills, being able to speak to both technical and business counterparts on the client side and explain technology and solutions architecture
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Some travel required
We were founded in 2014, and led by industry Big Data leaders. We help organizations like Starbucks, Fannie Mae, GSK and NASA drive data driven enterprise actions . Series B funded and grew 6x in 2017! Funding led from top Silicon Valley VC’s including Menlo Ventures, Jackson Square and Partech Ventures.
Our software automatically discovers, organizes, and catalogs big data to enable new heights in analytics, data governance, and data optimization. If you’re passionate about the transformative power of data science and the big data revolution, this is the place for you!
Essence of Data Catalog - Dave Wells, Eckerson Group
We Posts Record Growth with More Fortune 100 Customer Wins!
Forbes Magazine: Biting the Data Management Bullet at GlaxoSmithKline
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823