The front page of the internet," we bring over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
With us, we work hard to earn our users trust every day. Anti-Evil is a small and scrappy team, working closely with ops to defend our integrity by fighting spam, abuse, bots, and fraud. Anti-evil team members are motivated to find innovative, state of the art solutions, leveraging ML models, data systems and user insights to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across our products.
If ensuring the safety of users on the 4th most popular website in the US excites you, then youve found the right place. Were a small, tightly knit company with one of the highest user: employee ratios in the industry, giving you a tremendous opportunity for both scope and impact.
- Architect and implement the anti-evil infrastructure.
- Build real-time data systems to process large datasets in parallel on massive clusters.
- Leverage ML models to identify offending content and take appropriate actions.
- Increase efficiency through automation, improved signals, workflow streamlining and system optimization.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, develop, QA, experiment, analyze, and deployment.
- Collaborate across disciplines to find technical solutions to complex challenges.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer or Data Engineer developing production code.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning / artificial intelligence, pattern recognition or large-scale data mining.
- Experience with Kafka, Hadoop/Hbase/Pig or MapReduce/Sawzall/Bigtable
- Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus.
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, innovative, biased towards action in fast-paced environments.
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package.
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend.
- Family Expansion Benefits.
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming.
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions.
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Monthly Cell Phone, Commuter, Wellness, Professional & Personal Development Stipends.
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus For Good Volunteer Opportunities.
- Catered Meals & Snacks.
- Onsite Wellness Classes.
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one at a time.
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823