We are looking to add a Senior Software Engineer to help us keep shipping features to customers who love our products.
Day-to-day, they’ll be responsible for taking high-fidelity prototypes and transforming them into fully functional features with a solid and secure API backend, clean front-end components, and automated tests. High-quality code and the ability to deliver milestones all the way to production are our key metrics for success.
You’re probably keen to hear about our tech stack:
- Our application is built on Ruby on Rails.
- We take full advantage of Postgres with a trigger-based time machine, SQL views, and a willingness to drop from ActiveRecord to raw SQL when it makes sense.
- AWS is our product’s home.
- We’re really enjoying React and Redux with ES6 and SCSS.
- Sidekiq, Redis, ElasticSearch and websockets definitely play their parts.
And curious about our engineering workflow:
- Each month we agree to milestones to deliver by the end of the month.
- We release to production once a week.
- Jira and Slack help us coordinate across continents and time zones.
- GitHub helps us improve each other's code, and our well-tuned linter keeps reviews quick on style and heavy on substance.
- Our QA team works hard to catch issues, bugs, and cross-browser glitches before we merge a pull request into the mainline, and again before release in the weekly smoke test.
- CircleCI Enterprise gives us the power to continually improve our automated testing infrastructure.
We'll promise you a great company, good compensation, an ever-improving benefits program and an equity stake in a company with great career advancement opportunities.
- Minimum 5+ years software development experience
You’re responsible, skilled, helpful, and kind. You recognize your team relies on you, but you know when to stop working and value the smart solution over the hard one. We’re looking for someone who:
- Will roll up their sleeves today and step into leadership positions tomorrow
- Proposes the pragmatic solution to painful problems
- Finds opportunities to teach others
- Loves to hear about the value our work delivers to our customers
- Kindly and consistently pushes the team forward, but knows how to pick their battles
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823