- Participate in project analysis, design, and implementation phases
- Analyze project requirements and accordingly provide technical and functional recommendations
- Prepare user requirements, technical specifications, and design specifications
- Develop new software and modify existing software when required
- Suggest coding standards and participate in Peer Code Review processes
- Provide technical support of system acceptance testing and validation activities
- Understand and follow agile project processes as prescribed
- Follow existing engineering processes and recommend improvements
- Perform system maintenance and support periodic review processes
- Review and recommend improvements to existing system designs
- Recommend solutions to improve system performance and reliability
- Respond to customer queries and concerns in a timely fashion. Suggest new designs to eliminate future issues.
- Collaborate with teammates and business partners regarding new ideas, issues and projects
- Perform system failure analysis and drive corrective actions. Participate in root cause analysis and suggest long term solutions.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Accounting, and Finance, or a related field, or equivalent work experience, is required.
Minimum of 10 years of computer systems experience involving installing, supporting, and using information technology in a large, regulated financial services (preferably banking) environment is required.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of Treasury and Capital Markets is highly desirable.
- Understanding of operating systems, application security configurations, and best practices in Windows and UNIX environment is required.
- Ability to take the initiative to pursue assignments, responsibilities, and support requests to a logical and final solution and to employ System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) standards is required.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience:
- Minimum of 6 years of Microsoft .Net experience of proposing, documenting technology solutions and development experience of client applications, web services, and web applications
- Minimum of 3 years of java experience of proposing, documenting technology solutions and development experience of client applications, web services, and web applications
- Minimum of 3 years knowledge of VBA with Microsoft Excel, Access.
- Relational Database Management Systems: Oracle and SQL Server, including PL/SQL and expert SQL
- Integration of custom financial applications with packaged systems
- Market data and market platforms such as Reuters, Bloomberg and Intex
- Knowledge of fixed income and derivatives instruments
- Understanding of fixed income and derivatives instrument valuation would be advantageous.
- Experience with third party valuations and risk system such as: Numerix, QRM, Polypaths or any other valuation and risk system would be beneficial.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop, and retain individuals with varied backgrounds and experiences reflecting the full diversity of the communities that we serve. It is the policy of the Bank to comply with all applicable laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities.
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823