Our edge cloud platform powers fast, secure, and scalable online experiences for the world's most popular businesses. Our customers trust us to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand.
Were building a better Internet. Come join us.
Ruby Application Engineer
An Application Engineer is responsible for both improving upon and maintaining the various components that make up our customer-facing Configuration API. The Configuration API and User Interface is one of the features that sets us apart from our competition. We're looking for applicants who get excited about the prospect of building highly available, customer-facing control systems.
What You'll Do
- Long-term maintenance of existing applications
- Adding new features to existing applications
- Convert larger existing applications to smaller services
- Handling customer support requests relating to the API
- Integrating with 3rd party services (New Relic, Salesforce, Heroku, etc)
- Develop new features from whiteboard through to production
What We're Looking For
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. If you have experience and/or interest in SOME of the following, you should apply!
- 4+ years delivering software written in Ruby or Python (we believe if you can already know Python, you can learn Ruby)
- Experience with Rack-based web frameworks (Rails, Sinatra, etc)
- Experience with Ruby testing frameworks (Minitest, RSpec, etc)
- Experience with SQL datastores (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc)
- Working knowledge of Git (and Github)
- Comfortable navigating Unix/Linux systems via terminal
- Understand the HTTP request/response cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong mentoring skills to help other engineers grow
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with Varnish
- Wehaveahugeimpact. We are a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- Welovedistributedteams. Our home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- Wecareaboutyou. We work hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits, like generous parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- Wevaluediversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to a being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- Wearepassionate. We are chock full of passionate people and were not one size fits all. We employ authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We provide equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicants race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the company. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
San Jose, San Francisco Ca
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823