We are transforming how we interact with technology using the original interface: the human hand. We are opening up new possibilities for a platform beyond the screen, forging the next generation of VR/AR interfaces, and creating new opportunity in fields as diverse as healthcare, education, music, remote collaboration, and more! By bringing people and computing devices closer together, we offer the opportunity to help bring science fiction to life.
We are on the hunt for a Hardware Engineer that is passionate and self motivated to help with circuit design, optics, testing, and prototyping.
- Generate specifications for new designs.
- Work together with Mechanical, Firmware, and Software teams to identify requirements of new hardware and provide support on existing hardware.
- Read datasheets and select suitable components to use in a project.
- Estimate costs, reliability, and safety factors.
- Design layout using Altium CAD Tools.
- Test PCBs and other electronic components using Lab tools such as Digital Oscilloscope, Multimeter, Spectrum Analyzer and Logic Analyzer.
- Identify good testing procedures, and carry them out on new designs.
- Design and oversee the production of the electrical portion of latest prototypes.
- Identify regulatory requirements such as FCC and CE safety.
- Work with outside OEMs that are working to integrate our technology into their products.
- Work with CMs to provide tools and support for programming, calibration, and testing of our products.
- Strong knowledge of the fundamentals of digital and analog circuit design.
- Experience using CAD software (Altium preferred) to design schematic and PCB layout.
- Basic skills programming in C and/or Assembly for embedded micro-controllers.
- Strong prototyping skills such as soldering, reworking PCBs, and bread-boarding proof of concepts. We like to get our hands dirty!
- Capable of working on problems where very little documentation may be available.
- Self motivated to ask questions and find answers.
- Passionate about technology and enjoys hacking/prototyping on the side.
- Dynamic individual with great teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with high speed signal routing and signal integrity analysis.
- Knowledge of image sensors and optics in camera systems.
- Knowledge of digital design in an HDL(Verilog preferred).
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
- NOTE: All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States
San Jose, San Francisco Ca
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823