We provide regular, hotel-style housekeeping to residents throughout San Francisco and New York City with a technology-based platform. Our mission is to provide a sense of relief to every home in the world. Funded by top investors in Silicon Valley, we are rapidly growing. Our founders have started and sold venture-backed startups and have helped scale companies like Square and Box through their IPOs.
We're looking for a product-minded engineer to join our small but mighty engineering team. Want to help bring relief to every home in the world, starting with high-frequency, hotel-quality housekeeping? If that intrigues you, then keep reading!
Things you'll do
* You'll work with a small product team of 2-3 engineers and one designer. In addition, you’ll work closely with internal and external stakeholders to bring our products and services to life.
Likely Projects you will be working on
* Some major features that you’ll likely be working on include moving us to a completely variable pricing platform, along with the accompanying changes required from a billing perspective.
* We are also testing out additional services for our housekeeping partners, so scoping, building, and iterating on that will be a major part of our upcoming work.
* We’re also moving our native apps to React Native for both housekeepers and customers, and there will be lots of opportunities there to contribute.
What we look for
Ideal candidates have, and can provide examples of, past work experiences with the following:
* Ruby and Ruby on Rails
* Building and optimizing API endpoints
* Relational databases and schema design
* Web best practices such as A/B testing, automated tests
* Heroku, Git, continuous integration
* Working synchronously and asynchronously with distributed teams
What you should have
* Self-motivated to build and launch high quality and pragmatic solutions with a sense of urgency
* Demonstrable Ruby on Rails experience via projects and results
* Strong sense of ownership of your work
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or equivalent preferred
* Experience working with open source, cloud-based web and mobile platforms
* Comfortable working both alone and in teams of various sizes
Would be great if you also had
* Experience with HTML & CSS as well as web and mobile toolkits is a plus
Benefits and perks
* Working with sharp, talented team members who will push you to become better at what you do
* Free services if you live in a serviceable area
* Lunches are provided daily
* Competitive pay, equity, and benefits
Our Application process
1. Apply on AngelList
2. If matched, send a message with the following:
* A brief intro about yourself
* Why you’re interested in and the role
* Links to your LinkedIn and Github profiles, and anything else you think might be interesting for us to see
3. Wait for a response! We’ll reply to everyone, even those that we don’t see a fit with at the moment
4. For those that we invite to move forward, we will send instructions for a small coding project
5. After the project is submitted, we will review and potentially set up a technical interview to talk through what you’ve built
6. If all goes well, the last step is to meet the team in person for the final interview
Ruby on Rails
$120K – $140K and higher (DOE)
0.75% – 0.25%
San Jose, San Francisco Ca
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823