About the Role
As a part of executive team, the VP of Engineering will preside over the day to day leadership of the engineering team, owning weekly and monthly goals that encompass everything from hiring, uptime, reliability, and availability, to the cultivation of technical initiatives and successful delivery of features. You'll work closely with our Product Team to scope both new features and iterations on existing features, as well as develop timelines for execution and accountability against those timelines. You'll create processes across the Product, Engineering, Growth, and Operations team to resolve and prioritize bug fixes, downtime, and mission-critical errors. This role reports directly to the COO.
- Day to day management of our Engineering team. Near-term, this means leading engineers directly. Medium-to-long-term, this means leading engineering managers as our team scales.
- Product execution. You'll work closely with our product leaders to scope new features, iterate on existing features, and lead the execution against agreed upon timelines.
- Hiring. You'll work with our COO to craft a hiring plan to scale the Engineering Team, and work with HR to build a pipeline of extraordinary candidates. You should be energized by closing new hires and passionate about developing top talent.
- Executive leadership. You'll report directly to our COO and regularly participate in board meetings, company All Hands, and executive meetings on Engineering goals and progress.
Good Candidates for this role will...
- Have experience growing an engineering team from scratch: from sourcing, to offer letters, to onboarding and beyond.
- Possess strong executive leadership skills — thrive in motivating a team towards a common goal, and be a firestarter to bring out the best in their direct reports.
- Have exhibited success with managing engineers, including goal setting and mitigation planning.
- Have a background in fostering technical initiatives such as planning for scale and delivering high availability.
Great candidates for this role will...
- Have experience scaling an engineering team building a two-sided marketplace.
- Have managed engineers in building both consumer-facing and ops-supporting products & tools.
- Have the ability to both effectively communicate upwards goals to peers and executive leadership, as well as convey the value and motivation behind those goals to engineering contributors.
- Be all-in on company's vision and product and passionate about fostering a culture of teamwork-driven results.
Hiring, Leadership, Engineering
$140K – $200K and higher (DOE)
0.25% – 0.65%
San Jose, San Francisco Ca
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823