We are a platform for global trade in an industry that comprises 12% of the global GDP. We're the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Supply chain is often the most capital intensive aspect of a company's business. Our clients and our partners depend on our platform to do their jobs. High uptime and performance is a must. You will work alongside self-starters solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll work together to reshape an industry by creating the new operating system for global trade.
Started in 2013, we've raised $204M from investors that include Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & more.
As our first Infrastructure Engineer, you will maintain and grow our infra stack, CI/CD pipelines, and related monitoring/alerting. You will work alongside our product engineers to improve the developer experience and production infrastructure. In addition, you will:
- Be our first line of defense against production issues
- Own and grow our AWS infrastructure against a scaling engineering team and global user base
- Develop new systems and tools to improve the developer experience and engineering velocity
- Drive monitoring across the app and ensure reliability of an increasingly complex system
We’re looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer with:
- Preferably 3 to 6+ years of relevant work experience in Linux environments
- Deep experience with the AWS platform
- Proficiency with configuration automation using Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, or Mesos
- Demonstrable programming skills with Ruby, Python, or Java
- The ability and desire to read and understand code across a variety of languages
- A strong attention to detail and a love for diagnosing complex problems
Our production stack is in the cloud on AWS. We run multiple EC2 Ubuntu servers connected to a Postgres RDS database. Our CI/CD pipeline uses a buildkite CloudFormation template to manage an autoscaling cluster responsible for testing and deployment.
For development, we rely heavily on Docker and ECS to provision both development containers for engineering as well as tooling to quickly spin up testing containers based on github branches for PMs and Designers.
Ruby, Puppet, Linux, Chef, Docker, AWS
$140K – $180K and higher (DOE)
0.025% – 0.05%
San Jose, San Francisco Ca
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823