We are a venture backed startup that inspires and empowers today’s travelers with a suite of B2B and B2C user-friendly travel apps. We are a team of ten engineers, artists, and entrepreneurs inventing the future from our travel-labs in Denver and Los Angeles, fueled by wonderlust and San Pellegrino. Our commitment to innovation has attracted a partnerships with Fortune 100 companies, and won us accolades in TechCrunch, Life Hacker, and more.
We are funded by leading investors like Stage Venture Capital, 500 Startups and others.
We are looking for a Site Reliability / DevOps Engineer to be a pivotal member of our engineering team. You will be working closely with product managers and developers who like to use lots of interesting technologies to develop core features used across the platform. A great fit for this role is someone who is always intrigued by new technology and is constantly finding better ways to create highly scalable, reliable services.
• Create automation tools for creating, provisioning, and deploying servers
• Build tools to streamline the deployment of releases and hot-fixes
• Configure and monitor data center infrastructure (load balancer, firewall, switches, instances, etc.)
• Help automate systems for 24x7 monitoring and failure recovery
• Bring expertise on troubleshooting application, database, and networking performance and failures
• Continually identify areas for process improvement in the production environment and develop appropriate resolutions
• You take automation seriously
• You have fought fires at scale, wrestled with lost instances on AWS, and can troubleshoot awry processes and servers with your eyes closed
• You have at least 2 years of work experience in a Linux-based DevOps role
• You have AWS and/or Azure cloud management experience
• You know at least one language well, and enjoy writing code
• Extremely proficient with the Unix command line, shell scripting, and configuring systems monitoring tools
• Knowledge of all things networking: TCP / IP, ICMP, SSH, DNS, HTTP, SSL / TLSKnowledge of storage systems, RAID, distributed file systems, NFS?iSCSI / CIFS
• You have experience with configuration management, monitoring, and automation tools
• Working knowledge of firewalls, VPN, routing, switching, load balancing, security, and DNS
• Ability to compile and install Unix / Linux applications from source, test, and create package managed versions of such
• You have a strong desire and ability to learn quickly
• You are excited about providing services that affect tens of millions of users
• A degree in computer science, or similar, is an added plus!
Linux, Chef, Unix, Shell Scripting, Microsoft Azure, AWS
Compensation $100K – $135K and higher (DOE)
0.1% – 0.2%
San Jose, San Francisco Ca
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823