IT-Software Development: Computer-Network Security, Database Development-Administration, Desktop Service and Support, Enterprise Software Implementation & Consulting, General-Other: IT-Software Development, IT Project Management, Network and Server Administration, Software-System Architecture
We approach payments with the same startup mentality that we had when we launched our first payment solution in 1999. We are now focused on combining our entrepreneurial spirit with our immense payment expertise to take our company and our partners to the forefront of innovation. As one of the leading payment companies, We are continually searching for passionate thinkers to join us in changing how the world pays.
We are seeking a Software Engineering Manager to manage the development of Java and web services solutions that impact our company success.
This is a high visibility, high impact role and an opportunity to make significant contributions to our cutting edge Java payments platform and architecture.
- Lead a team of 6 to 10 software engineers in designing, developing and implementing the core of our Java / J2EE technology platform and web services.
- Act as the primary technical point of contact
- Work closely with developers and product teams to develop project plans and manage timelines.
- Participate in code reviews, ensure solutions are technically sound and enforce best practices
- Assess and communicate status, issues, risks, and deliverables
- Ensure products are delivered to specifications and on time
- Forecast technical resource needs and work closely with Director and VP of Engineering
- Ability to hold your own in technical discussions, be a subject matter expert with strategic influence
- Hire, mentor and manage a high performing software engineering team
- Interface with clients to discover, troubleshoot and resolve issues and recommend product enhancements
- 3+ years of management experience with a proven track record building, managing and motivating a high performance software engineering team
- 7+ years hands-on development experience with large scale systems.
- Excellent Java (or C / C++) coding skills
- Experience in Payments or high transactional systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working closely with developers and business stakeholders
- BSCS or equivalent, MS preferred
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: (866) 816-1615 x 823