We are the fastest-growing health information site on the planet. Every month, over 85 million people count on our talented teams to support, guide and inspire them toward the best possible health outcomes for themselves and their families. We create authoritative content that’s highly relevant, approachable and actionable. And we complement that with a culture of genuine compassion. In short, we’re changing the consumer health information business and we need exceptional people like you to help us do it. If you share our vision for a stronger, healthier world please explore and let’s talk.
About the Team:
The Engineering team is committed to creating a positive, engaged atmosphere where we work in strong collaboration with product and design to build robust solutions that improve the health/wellness of our audience. In this role, you will be the initial technical member on the advocate marketing platform team. The vision of that team/platform is to leverage the success and traffic to become a destination and ally for users to discover personalized health/wellness products and services that help them live a stronger, healthier life.
As Sr. Software Engineer - Full Stack, you will be a member of a small, multi-discipline team developing the advocate marketing platform. You will work closely with product, design and infrastructure resources while playing a critical part in the decision-making processes as it relates to product, features and architecture. You are detail-oriented and self-motivated, with demonstrated success and passion around full stack development.
What You’ll Do and How You Will Make an Impact:
- Work initially in a small team focused on building out a new platform that we believe will grow into a major business over time.
- Understand the business objectives and help architect the product to address them.
- Play a pivotal role in establishing the team structure and culture.
- Build a meaningful business that provides products and services to individuals with health-related conditions/needs.
Why We Are Excited About You:
- You can build impactful software and demonstrate value quickly.
- You have strong CS fundamentals.
- You work well with a small, diverse team.
- You have a great balance between pragmatism and the desire to get things right.
- Highly proficient in HTML5 and CSS3.
- Highly proficient in Node.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and API design.
- Experience with relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL or MySQL).
What are examples of work that Software Engineers have done?
- We have rewritten our core site with a React/Node-based site that serves 100 million sessions per month (and growing!) with blazing performance
- A mobile chat app that today support thousands of people who deal with Multiple Sclerosis and it’s challenges (with plans to grow to several new condition areas next year)
Reasons Why You Should Apply:
- You are psyched (as opposed to wary) to build a project from the ground up.
- You want to be a part of creating a culture within a small team.
- You strive for simplicity even for complex problems.
This Job May Not Be For You If:
- You prefer to have a clear road-map laid out when you arrive.
- You prefer to mostly focus on front-end versus full-stack work (back-end -
complexity will be a meaningful part of this role).
Who We Are:
- We are the fastest growing health information site on the planet, and the 2nd largest health site in the US (per comScore)! Over 85 million people count on our talented teams to support, guide, and inspire them toward the best possible health outcomes for themselves and their families.
- We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world.
- We work together to achieve our mission with humility and genuine respect for each member of our team.
- We are smart, innovative, and inspiring change-makers.
- Transparency and honesty earn us the trust of each other and our users.
- We’re all in for having fun, living well, and promoting good health. We’re proving that you can work hard and be happy.
- We’ve got cozy canine companions in the office. Pooches make HQ fun!
We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
$140K – $160K and higher (DOE)
San Jose, San Francisco Ca
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823