We are looking for a firmware test engineer to develop white and black box unit tests on the embedded system. You will work as part of the firmware development team, and be responsible for specifying, designing and implementing test code to provide a high degree of code coverage for the firmware. You will work within a unit test and mock environment; test code will run on both simulator and hardware development platforms. You will be expected to not only develop test code but also refactor code to improve testability and to advocate for testable implementations.
Test development will include white box, module level validation, and system level black box testing, including integration with cloud services. Tests will validate in full power mode and also in low power processor and hardware device states.
There will be occasional travel to China to assist in manufacturing firmware test development and validation.
Required skills to succeed in this role:
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years experience in C/C++ firmware development.
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python, shell scripts, etc.
• Experience with Unit Test frameworks and mock environments.
• Experience in limited-resource environments, and low power usage systems.
• Nice to have: experience with cellular and GPS communications.
• Good communication skills. Ability to follow logical test methodologies, document results, summarize etc.
• Experience with CI, Bug tracking and automation systems.
• Experience with consumer wearables and/or medical devices.
• Experience with manufacturing tests.
• Experience with real-time operating systems, and ARM Architecture.
SkillsFirmware, Firmware Testing
Compensation $100K – $150K and higher (DOE)
0.1% – 0.4%
Visa Sponsorship Not available
San Jose, San Francisco Ca
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823