Engineering: Embedded Systems Generalist
San Francisco · Full Time
Development here is fast-paced and world-class. We work on dedicated embedded sensors, Image Processing, Big-Data, web and mobile applications, and stuff that we haven’t thought up yet. That’s where you come in. We need a front-end engineer who can provide web and mobile users useful information to help them maximally use our technology. You will work closely with customers, sales, and engineering to continuously improve and enhance our products and how users interact with them.
We innovates in the ability to create unique data. We are the physical internet - we acquire and deliver the data. We develop our own sensory and data streaming hardware. We install it. We service it. We make it reliable. We develop our own software running edge on latest GPUs, using latest ANN constructs, and best CV principles.
We are the definition of what IoT is. A powerful, smart and constantly learning network of devices that provide MEANINGFUL and ACTIONABLE data.
Our customer base in the real estate, retail, security, and smart cities is growing exponentially. Our company has aligned itself with strategic partners in hardware and software development, as well as data distribution. This ensures we have the latest, most accurate data that is delivered in the safest and fastest way possible.
Respect, honesty, and hard-core engineering is what you believe in. You want to work with the latest and fastest hardware there is. That said, you want its application to be meaningful, and business model of the company you work for - rock solid. As rock solid as your design.
You are an electronics or software engineering graduate. You have strong embedded systems analytical skills and are a specialist in embedded software development and deployment.
You know Linux well, and you are comfortable tinkering with firmware, embedded software stacks, kernel software layer. You understand how modems, USB, video hardware components interact with controllers and CPUs.
You can read digital schematics, and you up to date with latest developments in embedded system development.
You are a specialist in at least one of the following areas of system level software development: cellular communications, video compression and streaming, securing safe data transport.
Good character, open, proactive and clear communications are key to success in this job. Accurate estimates, drive to meet them, are a must. It is not sufficient if you consider yourself smart. It is necessary that you consider yourself respectful, and crave respect from others. We love the work here and the team is dedicated to creating results. We welcome those who wish to work hard and experience the satisfaction of a job well done.
You will report directly to the VP of Engineering. You will work closely with Program Management and you will not be averse to take more responsibility.
Should you feel that you have what it takes to join us, please send us a copy of your resume and overview of why you want to join Motionloft, as well as code samples, or locations where they can be viewed.
What you offer to us
- Full-time, hands-on research and development.
- BA/BS in electronics engineering or software engineering from established and recognized brick-and-mortar university or polytechnic.
- Frequent communication with the existing team of hardware and software engineers.
- Big plus: experience with AT commands to control cellular modems.
- 7+ years of experience in business (academia does not count) environment.
- 7+ years of hands-on development in embedded software and firmware running Linux or RTOS environments. Code samples will be required.
- Strong and documented C/C++ analytical skills. Code samples will be required.
- Sound understanding of hardware and software development process.
- Sound understanding of field-based software deployment and reliability assurance.
- Network access skills (SSH/SCP), archiving/compression methods, shell scripting.
- Some knowledge of Python, JSON, Bash.
- Ability to modify existing code, rather than start writing a parallel stack from the ground up.
- Ability to read hardware schematics.
- Experience bringing hardware up.
What We offers you
- Respectful, supportive and open team.
- Opportunity to work using true technological edge: NVidia embedded GPUs running 1TF, artificial neural networks, latest in data acquisition, transport and rendering.
- Competitive base salary.
- Recognition for your contributions: recognized and rewarded.
- 100% paid Company paid premiums for health benefits, dental and vision insurance.
- 401k, paid time off.
- Frequent team lunches.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.
- This is a full-time position.
- No agency calls please.
C++, Embedded Systems, C, Linux
$90K – $130K
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: (866) 816-1615 x 823