Lead Hardware Engineer
Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Remote · Cofounder
We are a cutting-edge, all-remote Internet of Things company with multiple product lines and plans for rapid expansion. Our vision is to connect everything you own — your car, your house, your boat, your plane — into a unified ecosystem, the likes of which we can only dream about.
Summary of essential skills and background:
• Manage the initial and on-going development of electronic components and products.
• Manage the ‘in life’ resources, processes and systems for electronic components and technical builds.
• Develop solutions by guiding development of component specifications; overseeing testing efforts; leading engineers
• Hardware architecture, design, implementation, testing and debugging of complex high speed systems
Lead Hardware Engineer will:
• Deliver technical and project requirements by leading Junior and Apprentice Engineers.
• Meet technical standards by following production, quality and customer standards; identifying work process improvements; implementing new technology.
• Plan projects by confirming organization objectives and working with Project and Operations teams.
• Provide guidance to the management teams and regularly research best practices.
• Responsible for definition, design, development, verification and documentation for the integration of FPGA systems
• Carry out feasibility studies for new technical innovations.
• Estimate material, construction, and labor costs, and project timescales.
• Test installations and systems, analyzing data.
• Ensure that all projects meet electrical and industry standards and safety regulations.
• Oversee inspection and maintenance programmers.
• Prepare engineer team through coaching and education.
• Document and audit all development work.
• Update knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintain networks.
• Be the first point of contact for any technical issues, take ownership and responsibility of resolving any issues and where appropriate liaise with the support functions and other areas of the business to facilitate amicable and effective solutions.
• Understand and monitor performance against the Delivery Unit KPIs and budget. Where necessary
• Give updates on the current and future performance and highlight any potential risks or issues.
• Drive efficiencies and effectiveness in the overall business operations processes and ensure that non-value add activities are removed.
• Bachelor or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or other related disciplines.
• FPGA RTL architecture, design, implementation, synthesis, simulation, placement and STA closure.
• Experience with Xilinx and Altera FPGAs
• Experience with embedded FW, software, preferably C, C++
• Experience writing RTL in Verilog and familiar with the Verification process
• Expertise using Cadence (including Orcad), Mentor design tool and flows
• Knowledge in CAN and Ethernet networking and wireless communication protocols
• Excellent competency in Linux Kernel development
• Experience Leading/Managing teams for the development of integrated circuits
• General understanding of Hardware Description Language (VHDL/Verilog)
• Experience in signal integrity, impedance control, timing analysis and simulation tools
• Competency in PCB layout and design
• Strong oral and written communication skills are required
• Ability to deliver against demanding deadlines and key milestones.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Experience in managing processes in a complex environment.
• Ability to document process findings and performance
• Experience in automotive electronics and alignment to relevant ISO standards desirable
• Influencing skills.
• Reporting and data analysis; analytical and problem-solving skills.
• A clear thinker with an aptitude for detail.
• Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
• Familiar with the fabrication and assembly process of PCB’s
• Familiar with package design process
• Experience with memories and memory controllers
• Knowledge in control, signal processing and sensor technologies
Product and Operations Director
Embedded Systems, Hardware Design, Hardware Engineering, PCB Design, FPGA, Hardware Product Management, Altera
1.0% – 2.0%
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: (866) 816-1615 x 823