Senior Back-end Developer
Redwood City · Full Time
We are an early stage company focused on cloud-based device management and monitoring for connected devices. Open source is integral to our aims. We are strong supporters of Apache Mynewt, an emerging OS for constrained embedded devices.
We are looking for a Back-End Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between constrained devices, back-end servers and end users. Your primary focus will be development of Golang micro-services to further the company vision.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on design, coding, debugging and operations
- Interact with embedded team to gather requirements and test assumptions
- Build reusable libraries for use by the team
- Optimize for scale, reliability and maintainability
- Design for security and data protection
Skills And Qualifications
- Ability to design APIs for maintainability and forward/backward design trade-offs
- Proficient understanding of hosting environment trade-offs
- Proficient knowledge of distributed database systems and schema design
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient knowledge of Java and C++, Golang a plus.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of security focused programming principles
- Proficient understanding of common distributed algorithms
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
Git, Golang, Cloud Hosting, Automated Software Testing, C/C++ and Java Coding, Databases & Distributed Systems
$110K – $175K
0.1% – 0.5%
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: (866) 816-1615 x 823