Lead Firmware Engineer
San Francisco · Full Time
We are a team of engineers coming together to create new technologies to augment people in the physical world. We're funded by Y Combinator and top investors and we're quietly looking for co-conspirators to come and help us change the way we all experience the world around us.
Responsible for the firmware development of all our product designs using embedded microprocessors (mostly ARM based), sensor, and actuators. Expected to provide technical leadership and take on a project lead role on a variety of firmware projects. Product development activities include design and development, design reviews, product verification and field validation along with coordinating with quality assurance and developing appropriate documentation. Responsible for excellent, organized project records and documentation. Responsible for writing high-quality, well-documented, bug-free code. Must be self-directed and be able to work within scope with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Lead embedded software architecture
- Generate and evaluate functional and design specifications
- Lead design and test plan reviews
- Code development: C/C++, Python, etc.
- Develop unit test and system verification tests
- Help manage libraries, SDKs, etc.
- Refine our compilation and documentation tools
- Assist with production implementation in a cross-functional team environment
- BS / MS in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering or other embedded software related technical degree.
- Able to think critically and creatively to identify solutions to both engineering and customer problems.
- 3 - 5+ years experience using embedded processors such as Atmel AVR, FreeScale, Cortex ARM cores such as M0, M4, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively manage small firmware projects and teams for timely deployment.
- Demonstrate strong firmware architecture design thinking and ability to clearly document designs.
- Experience with advanced development/debugging tools (C compilers, ICE, JTAG, IDE, etc.)
- Experience with protocol software stacks including Bluetooth, BLE, USB, SPI, I2C, USB,
- Experience with version control (SVN, Git, etc).
- Experience with protocol software stacks including Bluetooth Low Energy
- Consumer product development experience
- Experience with ARM microcontrollers and cross-compilation tool chains
- Prior experience with Design for Manufacturability, and Design for Testability
- Can identify electrical schematic errors to the hardware team
$110K – $130K
0.2% – 1.0%
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: (866) 816-1615 x 823