Sunnyvale · Full Time
WE ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT REVOLUTIONIZING THE WAY PEOPLE PAY TODAY.
We are an early stage startup at the intersection of IOT and retail analytics. We are singularly focused on one thing – uncluttering and simplifying people’s lives. We are funded by top tier VCs and influential angels and are in the process of putting together the founding team of engineers that share our vision.
The ideal team member will embrace simplicity of design while maintaining cutting edge sophistication. We are looking for a handful of ninjas – each an absolute expert in their domain. Engineers who are can maintain agility and develop in a very fast paced environment. Most importantly, engineers who can lay down a solid foundation that will last through several product lifecycles.
The Firmware Ninja will:
• Define the firmware architecture, with emphasis on robustness, security, and field upgradability
• Work closely with hardware and UX designers to provide a seamless user experience to the consumer
• Drive the bring-up process and lay the framework for manufacturing diagnostics
Required experience, demonstrable through specific products shipped in the past:
• At least 5+ yrs. experience writing firmware/embedded SW for shipping products
• Experience writing ultra low-power and ultra low footprint applications (8-16K RAM)
• Ability to work closely with hardware engineers to debug firmware. Should be comfortable probing, measuring, and doing a deep dive into hardware.
• Experience with embedded Kernels/RTOS
• Experience writing drivers for displays, flash memory, and other peripheral devices such as GPIO and timers.
• Experience with Bluetooth LE and ARM based SOCs highly desirable
• Experience with security processing (AES) a big plus
• Experience with a Continuous Integration system (Jenkins, BuildBot, etc.) a plus
• Bachelors/Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or computer sciences.
• Work permit (permanent residence/citizenship) required.
We are currently located in Sunnyvale, CA not too far away from the Caltrain station.
Embedded Systems, Encryption, Bluetooth, Firmware, Device Drivers, RTOS, Bluetooth Low Energy
$100K – $140K
0.5% – 1.0%
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: (866) 816-1615 x 823