We are a leading provider of network security and DNS services, enabling the world to connect to the Internet with confidence on any device, anywhere, anytime.
Our approach is twofold; first Umbrella, our cloud-delivered network security service, blocks advanced attacks including malware, botnets, and phishing threats, while our predictive intelligence engine uses machine learning to automate protection against newly-discovered threats before they can reach our customers.
About the role
As the Systems Engineering leader, you will be responsible for enabling a team of systems and software engineers that will execute on the vision of building programmable infrastructure taking our vision of global cloud services delivery to reality. Success in this role requires very deep technical leadership skills, a broad background and understanding of every layer in the systems ecosystem. You will have strong ability in the areas of technical leadership and people management; organizational development, planning, and communication. It is absolutely critical that you have skills to manage, motivate, lead and gain the respect of a highly technical engineering team.
● Experience building and running a high transactional, 24x7 production environment
● Strong familiarity with security as it applies to software, system and network engineering
● Excellent knowledge and experience with object oriented programming
● Experience managing a large team of architectural and engineering responsibilities
● Experience delivering a world class systems platform with scalability and resiliency
● Deep hands on technical expertise; designing and deploying global Unix based systems
● Experience leading development life cycle process and best practices
● Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
● Ability to instill a culture of open communication, ownership and accountability
● Graduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: (866) 816-1615 x 823