We are the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people
connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, We have led in the
innovation of IP-based networking technologies such as routing,
switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Our
responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and
environmentally conscious operations and products.
Core Software Group seeks an experienced Engineer to participate on a project team of engineers involved in development of software for our products. Requires use of a strong background in SW design, documentation and implementation, on projects that may include any of the following list of responsibilities and skills.
Role & Responsibilities
The ideal candidate should possess the following attributes:
● Work closely with other SW and HW Engineers to develop and support protocols
● Design, and determine product direction
● Represent your team with other Cisco departments, customers, and industry
● Author product and project specifications
● Partner with Management Team in defining and planning projects
● Take a lead role in Cisco¹s Patent Program
● Ability to apply advanced networking principles, theories and concepts
● Ability to solve complex problems involving multiple products.
● Ability to effectively present technological concepts to a wide audience.
● Ability to influence the development of industry wide standards.
● Exercises good judgement determining how to best achieve technical objectives of assignment.
● Creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
● Excellent teamwork and people skills
● Programming experience (C, C++ ), script languages (Perl, Python)
● Familiarity with Unix/Linux
● Experience working on embedded systems
- Experience using RTOS (ex: QNX, VxWorks)
- Understanding of networking fundamentals and protocols (ex: TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS)
● Master’s degree or BSC
● 10+ years of experience in Computer Products Development
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: (866) 816-1615 x 823