IT-Software Development: Computer-Network Security, Database Development-Administration, Desktop Service and Support, Enterprise Software Implementation & Consulting, General-Other: IT-Software Development, IT Project Management, Network and Server Administration, Software-System Architecture
Design and implement data center solutions, upgrades, enhancements and maintenance. Design, test and document new product releases / patches and software changes, performing hands-on configuration and migration of network components. Role requires a self-motivated and detail-oriented professional with significant experience as a Cisco Engineer who specializes in network implementations, upgrades and LAN/WAN connectivity, integration and support. Should be adept at analyzing business requirements and crafting technical network solutions. Requires excellent communications, interpersonal and presentation skills in team and head-to-head situations.
Ability / Qualifications / Tasks
• Support daily break and fix network issues, provide support of Cisco devices to include routers, switches and firewalls.
• Ability to provide network support and troubleshooting at a high level under pressure.
• Review, design / redesigned infrastructure (as needed).
• Assist with managing data center networks, review, upgrade and design secure remote networks.
• Create enterprise standards as required.
• Participate in change management, create back-out plans for major network changes, design and implement fail-over solutions.
• Configure and implement Layer 2/3 functionality for relevant devices.
• Implement incremental upgrades, provide Tier 3 support and LAN hardware and technology refreshes.
• Design, upgrade and troubleshoot systems, providing knowledge transfer and training.
• Work with application teams, project managers and vendors to identify and recommend technical solutions and fixes.
• Prepare SOW, technical justifications and Visio diagrams for project proposals.
• Gather vendor / client requirements as needed.
• Documented project progress and provided reports as needed.
• Meet tight deadlines and take proactive measures to attain optimal network performance
Relevant Technical Skills
SOFTWARE: Cisco IOS, CatOS, ASA OS, Cisco Security Manager, Cisco Secure Desktop, Cisco ACS, Cisco SDM/ASDM, Call Manager 4.x, IPCC, Unity, Cisco Works, Windows 95/98/00/XP, Windows Server 2000/2003, Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, NetQoS, WireShark, MS Exchange 2000, Visio, MS Office Suite, Tech-excel, Lotus Notes, VPN, DOS, Antivirus Norton & McAfee, Norton Ghost, Solarwinds Orion, Nagios Alerts ROUTERS: Cisco 7600, 7500, 7200vxr, 3900/3800 ISRs, 2900/2800 ISRs and ASR1000-X SWITCHES: Cisco Catalyst 2950, 2960, 3550, 3560-X, 3750-X, 3850, 4500, 6500, 7000, Foundry FI, Nexus Fex 2000 (N2K), 5000 (N5K) FIREWALLS: Cisco ASA 5500-(x), Juniper Netscreen, PIX5XX Firewall Series, IPS4200 Series, Cisco Secure ACS, VPN Concentrator, Cisco NAC, CISCO Security Manager (SCM), ISG-2000, Fortigate LOAD BALANCERS: Cisco ACE, GSS, F5 LTM, GTM WIRELESS: WLAN Controller Cisco 4400 and 5500 series Wireless Controllers, Cisco LAP 1130, 1140, 3500 and 3600 series Access Points, Cisco WLSE, Cisco Wireless Control System WCS, Cisco 802.11n (1250 and 1140 APs), Cable/DSL Router (Alcatel, Linksys, Netopia, Siemens, Belkin, etc.), F5 (BIG-IP) 1600, 3600, 3900, 6900 ROUTING: Static Routing, RIPv1, RIPv2, EIGRP, OSPF, BGPv4, IS-IS, ODR, GRE, MPLS, IPv6, Traffic Engineering, Policy Based Routing PBR, NAT, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, DHCP, NTP, SNMP, IP SLA, AAA (RADIUS/TACACS+), QoS, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Multicasting, Summarization SWITCHING: STP, RSTP, MSTP, VTP, DTP, VLANs, Trunking, Layer 3 capabilities, Etherchannels
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: (866) 816-1615 x 823