Are you looking to help build out products that can have a positive, real-life impact on millions of people? With us, we have the tremendous and rewarding challenge of facilitating meaningful connections between over 40 million users worldwide and growing. Our users span 80 countries worldwide and exchange millions of messages in 25 different languages every single day.
What You'll Do:
- Develop new features and maintain existing features in our app by interacting with product, design, and QA team.
- Improve code quality by developing high quality architecture components for system, using proper design patterns, algorithms and data structures, and following industry standard conventions.
- Create automation test suites by writing unit tests.
- Research and keep the app updated with best software engineering practices and popular libraries.
- Optimize application’s performance, memory usage, and overall health of app for usability and to increase user growth for company.
- Streamline continuous integration and release processes by maintaining and extending automated build systems.
- Release new updates to our app into Google play store and monitor releases.
- Perform peer code reviews to enforce better code quality across the android and mobile engineering team.
- Utilize the following tools and technologies: Java, Android, Proguard, Lint, Agile, XML, JSON, Lottie, and Jenkins.
What We're Looking For In You:
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or closely related.
- At least 2 years of experience as a software engineer or developer for Android mobile applications, working with the following tools and technologies: Java, Android, Proguard, Lint, Agile, XML, JSON, Lottie, and Jenkins.
- Experience may be gained before or after Bachelor’s degree earned. All experience may be gained concurrently.
Our Core Values: Don’t stop caring. Be a doer. We’re better together. Speak up. We say no to the status quo. If there’s fun to be had, then have it. While there is a lot to do, we also have a very open and collaborative culture and know how to have a lot of fun; frequent team and company outings, Hackathons, happy hour every Friday, daily catered lunches, health and wellness benefits, 401K matching, generous maternity/paternity leave policies, and flexible time off are just some of the ways we support our teams. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823