- love working in an environment where you constantly experiment and iterate quickly.
- care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- smile when you see an article about the merits of serverless compute because you already built an app with it last year
- like to Play with non-blocking asynchronous web service frameworks
- wonder as to the right application of merkle trees
- believe data is the most powerful tool for informed decision-making
Identify with the above ?
Some principles guiding our engineers: “Always be shipping”, “Value delivery”, “Strive for perfect”, and “Don't be afraid to fail”. Ultimately, we are excited about our impact on the world and are looking for engineers who are curious, generous and can hustle in a fast-paced environment.
You get a lot of creative freedom to solve your tasks and you are responsible for the whole lifecycle of every feature from initial requirements to release, ops and follow-up.
What you will accomplish:
- Keep abreast of emerging behaviors, technologies, and companies across the electronic trading and smart portfolio management landscapes
- Collaborate with other engineers, product owners, and designers to identify and solve challenging problems.
- Write & test code that truly works—code that is elegant & scales well
- Focus on fast, iterative & agile development and also shepherd agile practices and processes
- Ensure performance, scalability, availability & security in everything you do
- Contribute to platform-level technology, strategy & decisions
- Engage in the business goals as well as the technology
What we are looking for:
- BS, or equivalent work experience, in Computer Science, Math, or related technical field (experience writing good software is a suitable replacement for a technical degree)
- Deep proficiency in a programming language such as Java and/or Scala (we primarily use Java)
- Comfortable working in a small, dynamic, and fast-paced team
- Strong capabilities of observation, analysis, synthesis
- Experience with Data Analytics, Front-End Design, Distributed System Design would each/all be pluses
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Preference for generalists over specialists - ability to wear many hats
- Track record of building and operating successful products and platforms
- Past co-workers attest to your prowess & agility in building great products
Some technologies we use:
- Infrastructure: AWS (and non cloud hosted compute)
- Datastores: MySQL, DynamoDB, Redshift, S3
- Data Processing: Lambda, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, Spark
- Microservices: Spring, Play, Docker, Elastic Beanstalk, ECS, Zookeeper
- Search: Elasticsearch
- Workflow scheduling : Airflow
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Modern office in the bay area
- World-class foosball tournaments
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages and coffee drinks
- Monthly team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
We are a venture backed startup based in San Mateo, California and are looking for passionate self-starters and fast-learners who will stop at nothing to democratize investing and empower millions of people. This is an opportunity for a world-class Software Engineer to help us build and run a next generation personal investing platform.
We are an online broker that lets you invest in a world of big ideas. The company is changing the face of online investing that allows individuals and investment advisors to invest in stock and ETF portfolios built around everyday ideas and broad economic trends – and even create brand-new motifs from scratch.
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823