We are looking for experienced software engineers to join the Platform team. The Platform Team is responsible for building / maintaining our infrastructure which includes data ingestion pipelines, monitoring / alerting / logging infrastructure and varied services to keep our systems extensible, scalable and reliable.
The teams mission is to support all other application development teams in providing them the best tools so that they can get a unified experience of the underlying infrastructure. Our stack is primarily Python, AWS, Postgres, Mongo, Pyramid, Flask, Django, Datadog, SumoLogic, Docker, ECS, CloudFormation, Kubernetes and related technologies.
Our ideal candidate:
- 5+ years experience in a sofware engineering role writing clean maintainable code
- Solid understanding of distributed system design and associated tradeoffs
- Strong ability to work cross functionally and drive projects end-to-end with minimal supervision.
- Expert in AWS
- Expert in Python and any other compiled language e.g. Go
- Contributions to open source software
- BS, MS or Ph.D in Computer Science or equivalent technical discipline or experience.
What you will do :
- Build out foundational services which act as a bedrock of common services used across our platform
- Automate the server provisioning and lifecycle process using Infrastructure as Code principles
- Design pipelines for efficient / scalable / real-time data ingestion
- Build out our monitoring / alerting pipeline infrastructure
- Participate in design and code reviews with your peers
- With us, perks are more than free lunches, a stocked fridge and happy hours (which we have). We value diversity and treat every employee with a high degree of autonomy and respect.
- Have a big impact by joining a small, fast-paced and smart team. We are having fun building a great company and helping one of the most important industries in the world.
- Upward movement. We are growing quickly and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles.
- Employer sponsored medical, dental, vision
- Open floor plan, dog-friendly offices
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and generous 401(k) match
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823