Be part of the founding team. We are building a decentralized infrastructure network to re-imagine the future of the internet. We’re a venture funded team that’s previously built global organizations together and we’re excited to be building something bigger than we ever have before. As engineers, we value pragmatism over idealism, getting things done over making it look pretty, and experimenting with unobvious ideas that challenge conventional wisdom.
Everyone views security as a personal responsibility. Your unique mission as a Senior Security Engineer is to identify potential weaknesses in the foundational infrastructure and strategically reinforce them, enabling the engineering team to focus fiercely on new features
- Evaluate the key frameworks (and their ecosystems) that form the core platform for our Engineering, looking for areas where framework improvements could eliminate the potential for vulnerabilities to be introduced.
- Envision, design and implement core libraries and wrappers which surface key security concerns and automatically address them wherever possible.
- Help make sure security capabilities are used correctly.
- Support vulnerability remediation by recommending holistic solutions instead of brittle point-fixes. Developing processes, code, or systems that mitigate and prevent those vulnerabilities.
- Refactor existing codebase to leverage new security framework capabilities with an eye toward transition from monolithic to service-oriented architecture.
- Conduct regular security assessments
- Conduct in-depth security reviews of core corporate and production infrastructure
- Analyze, assess, and respond to various internet threats
- Work closely with all teams to evangelize security
- Advise teams on developing pragmatic solutions that achieve business requirements and also maintain acceptable levels of risk
- Ensure that our business processes are vetted from a risk and compliance perspective
Apply if you:
- Are a natural problem solver and adept at automating complex tasks.
- Possess exceptional documentation ability.
- Quick to grasp new concepts, and have a strong desire to help others
- Thrive in a high-energy environment where you must solve problems and perform work that is routinely done with minimal direct supervision.
- Are someone your team looks up to.
- Are amazingly entrepreneurial.
- Want to help build a massive company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law
Information Security, Operating Systems, Linux Kernel, Security, Virtualization - Linux Containers, Docker, Hardware Security
$110K – $180K and higher (DOE)
0.5% – 2.0%
San Jose, San Francisco CA
Phone: 866 816-1615 x 823